Global Client Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
The Account Delivery Manager Sales is a direct client contact position responsible for leading delivery of in-scope contracted services and seeks opportunities to increase revenue. Responsible for meeting P&L, as well as growing the account through the change order process for assigned customer accounts.
Management level definition:
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in HP's most complex disciplines. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
Owns the customer operational business relationship of "top tier" accounts, often with global/regional reach. Develops and nurtures senior management or executive- level relationships with the customer to achieve excellent customer satisfaction. Acts as the senior point of contact for operational & tactical issues of the highest complexity, representing delivery of all services (all functions) to the customer: manages customer expectations by developing performance metrics & reporting, escalation management & communication plan. Drives and leads expense/cost target commitments for all service delivery requirements developing, implementing & monitoring expense controls. Leads strategies and processes with the customer in areas such as performance metrics and measure, escalation change management and communication. Ability to effectively and proactively manage projects of the highest risk. Leads all delivery organizations to timely, cost effective delivery of requirements; identifying & recommending optimization while managing scope, resources & coordination. Contributes to strategic account plan. Identifies incremental revenue opportunities and supports pursuit activities. Assures compliance with HP and customer's HR, PR, legal, financial, ethics and government related policies, strategies, and processes. Acts as a team or project leader for large and very large delivery teams by providing managerial and technical direction. Hires, leads and provides technical and managerial leadership to cross functional team including 3rd party vendors to ensure performance goals are met for all in scope services across all towers: identifying & analyzing gaps to develop & implement corrective actions plans. Develops & manages account service delivery plan. Contributes to strategic account plan. Negotiates with and manages 3rd party vendors contributing to contractual requirements. Develops solutions and participates in presales & change order negotiations representing & approving delivery capability & cost solution. Contributes to organization strategic business plan to drive HP goals and initiatives. Understands customer at local, country, region & WW level to analyze delivery requirements & contribute to customer strategic business plan. Contribute to development and implementation of ADM methodology and tools to support customer engagement model. Identifies cross business unit optimization opportunities and drives improvement effort. Develops & drives knowledge management strategies to drive organizational maturity.
Education and Experience:
- First Level University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA is extremely desirable
- 8 - 12 years relevant business experience.
- ITIL/ITSM knowledge.
- Multi-cultural and cross-country experience desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to build & manage strong customer relationship at the executive level.
- Excellent influence & negotiation skill.
- Ability to apply business management, financial concepts & contracts knowledge to analyze business needs and develop recommendations.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing, presentation skills, listening actively and projecting a trustable image.
- Ability to understand & analyze an issue or problem to develop & implement a corrective action plan. Applies appropriate technical knowledge and methods to resolve complex business issues.
- Ability to proactively & effectively manage risk on high to very high risk projects.
- Develops & consistently applies Quality & Continuous Improvement Plans.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written & presentation with the capability to represent HP at external customer & industry events.
- Extensive Industry sector knowledge (finance, manufacturing, etc.).
- Crisis & conflict management.
- Leadership ability to build & manage cross cultural, cross tower & cross business team for effective and efficient customer support
- Coaches & mentors other Account Delivery Managers
- Ability to develop & present high impact message to executive level management.
- Acts as Account Delivery Managerin large to very large engagements or portfolio of engagements.
- Leads a large to very large delivery team with many towers/businesses represented.
- Works at regional or global level; may act as people manager.
- Supports large number of countries, multiple regions or global.
- Custom designed delivery portfolio.
- Custom designed delivery methodology including external partners and multi vendor.
Back to top