Global AEC and Product Development Industry Manager
It's an amazing time to be a part of HP! As the world's #1 manufacturer of printers and PCs, HP creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Within HP's PC division, the Workstations global business unit is looking for an AEC and Product Development industry insider who has shown they can lead global marketing, partnerships, and product management teams to launch cutting-edge technology solutions and marketing innovations. You'll be guiding HP in two of the most important commercial industry segments, and helping to define strategy and go-market plans for Virtual Reality, Machine Learning, and 3D design, simulation, visualization, and production solutions. This is a highly visible role within HP and will be a major growth driver for the whole company, crossing over to our 3D printing, 2D printing, and 3D scanning groups. This is your opportunity to get in while our '3D' foundation is still being built, and be an integral leader on the team that will grow emerging AEC and Product Development technologies into a success story for HP.
Reporting to the Global Lead of Workstations Industry Segments, with a dotted line to the Global Lead of Commercial VR, the Global AEC and Product Development Industry Manager for HP Workstations will be collaborating with all-star teams of product management and marketing professionals based around the world and will be responsible for defining and driving strategic initiatives for the AEC and Product Development industries.
This position will be a key customer and industry evangelist within the company, helping ensure HP is as relevant and engaging as possible to both internal and external audiences. Deep industry insights and key partner and customer relationships are mandatory, as are extensive expertise in both business and marketing. The Industry Manager must possess exceptional communications skills, combined with a strategic and creative mindset. They must can thrive in an extremely fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and possess a strong work ethic, as well as a genuine passion for HP's products and services.
- Lead strategy for AEC and Product Development industries, working collaboratively with HP business units and other corporate teams.
- Develop world-class partner programs and initiatives in close collaboration with software and hardware partners.
- Capture voice-of-customer feedback and consult with HP business units on customer requirements and industry trends.
- Lead and host CTO and IT Decision Maker Customer Advisory Councils in collaboration with Product Management.
- Identify unique market trends and insights to inform customer-centric approach to Product Management, Product Marketing, and Worldwide Marketing.
- Develop tactical industry plans and see them through to implementation and completion.
- Assist HP in demonstrating thought leadership within the AEC and Product Development industries, through industry partnerships and direct public speaking engagements.
- Manage budgets and exercise excellent judgement when it comes to identifying and negotiating sponsorship deals.
- Align worldwide marketing and regional sales and marketing teams to implement and accelerate execution of segment strategies.
- Assist Sales with identifying new customers and provide ongoing business development support.
- Company spokesperson at industry events for press interviews.
- Collaborate with other business units on cross-company initiatives.
- Develop and drive brand-building programs to demonstrate HP market leadership
- Ensure HP's AEC and Product Development industry marketing communications are relevant to the target audience.
- Serve as a key AEC and Product Development leader and expert within HP.
- 15 years of experience in Marketing and Product Management in a corporate environment, with a focus on AEC and Product Development.
- MBA degree.
- Broad network of global AEC and Product Development customer and partner contacts.
- Deep understanding of 3D CAD, design, rendering, simulation, and VR workflows, and customer hardware and software requirements
- Exemplary leadership, subject matter expertise, and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence, and drive decision making across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Proven track record in working effectively across geographies to accomplish key business objectives.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with industry partners.
- Effectively and convincingly communicate ideas and objectives to executives of all levels.
- Experience defining global marketing strategy, managing budgeting process, overseeing tactical execution, and measuring KPIs.
- Knowledge of partnership contracts and process
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top