Future of Work Strategy and Innovation Product Manager
- Spring, TX
HP Inc's vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the world.This motivates us to invent and engineer experiences that amaze.Be part of a key growth initiative within the #1 Commercial PC business in the world.
The Future of Work, Business incubation, Strategy, and Collaboration team within Commercial PCs is responsible for analysing the trends and insights on the future workforce, workplace, and workstyles and driving the strategy for the Commercial PC organization. Based on these insights, identify new category growth areas, solution concepts development and PoC testing to build new high value growth opportunities.
Recent macro events have had significant impact in how and where we work, and there are opportunities to empower people to be productive, collaborative, and engaged. This role will have responsibility for defining new concept opportunities based on insights, driving the funnel,PoC and concept testing, and building the business case for funding and execution for top concepts. Interlock with the experiences and technical innovation teams and influence product teams by leveraging the core or building requirements and plans to executepurpose built solutions. Drive overall strategy including partnering opportunities as well as potential inorganic plays.
Leads a large or broad function/department within a multifaceted organization. Works across business and organizational boundaries to develop the best experience from a customer point of view. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions. Owns a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business.
- Drives thenew concept and solution roadmap working in collaboration with the experience and innovation teams, R&D teams, and product/services/solutions teams.
- Sets priorities for strategic investment opportunities and use cases
- Drives customer segmentation targeting and commercial customer use cases and aligns end-to-end investment with the business groups and across the value chain. Understand and introduces new technologies as appropriate for the customer segments.
- Leads cross development of potential solutions which could include compute/commercial PCs, services, displays and accessories, smart peripherals and appliances, software
- Conducts market analysis, customer insights research,technology and trend analysis to define opportunities and build business cases
- Builds strategy including ecosystem analysis and recommendations for partnering
- Analysis of M&A opportunities
- Leads large, cross-functional teams for strategy development and execution.
- Design and development of business models, market strategies or investments for organizational effectiveness.
- Deep understanding of the competition for target market and determine competitive positioning, differentiation, and future strategy
- Builds financially sound, executable, data-driven business strategies.
- Demonstrates thought leadership by advising VP, SVP, and other HP executives.
Education and Experience Required
- 8-12 years total experience.
- Often 4-7 years' experience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, market research or start-ups business experience.
- Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Consulting experience desired
- Business and product strategy
- Experience in start-ups business
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Deep understanding of solution technologies
- Program management skills -- ability to drive team to common goals, set and meet timelines
- Multi-tasking skills -- ability to balance short term tactical tasks and long term projects
Back to top