Folding Carton Product Manager
This opening is in the Product and Solutions team within the NA Indigo Press Solutions organization as a NA Folding Carton Category Product Manager, hiring manager Rolando Martinez.
Indigo Press Solutions is a business unit within the Graphics Solution Business (GSB) organization. We are the leader in the digital commercial printing market and have the largest and most unique portfolio in the industry.
Please review the outline below. If you hold all or most of the skills required, and are interested in this opportunity, please contact me and /or Rolando Martinez.
- Position: NA Folding Carton Category Product Manager
- Job – Category / Marketing
- Primary Location – Alpharetta, GA
- Travel - Yes, 25+ % of the Time
- Requisition # 3009348
As the Folding Carton Category Product Manager for HP Indigo North America you will be responsible for managing the E2E product life cycle of the sheet fed Indigo digital presses in the folding carton segment developing and executing GTM strategies to support business growth objectives, leveraging end-to-end solutions and cross segment opportunities.
While this position is for Folding Carton, day to day responsibilities also includes specialty printing on synthetics which includes Plastic cards. These are both Gift cards and Financial bank cards which are expanding the HP Indigo 30000 offering into new markets. The ability to access the trends, needs analysis and acceleration for change to support growth for these new markets are key.
- Lead programs and projects to develop the folding carton segment to drive growth of the HP Indigo Digital Press Solutions in the market
- Management of product life cycle for HP Indigo Digital Presses platforms in the folding carton segment
- Support the Business Segment Manager of Folding Carton to lead sales efforts in North America for revenue, profit, supplies and services targets
- Strategic Planning – translates business goals into actionable plans and strategies that reflect the requirements and opportunities within the area of control.
- Create sales programs and pricing tools to achieve objectives for the business.
- While support for short term annual and semi-annual plans is a required component, longer term thinking and strategy are also required.
- Collaboration for key objectives surrounding needs, impacts to growth, limitations, or any values which hurt or enable our growth objectives in general.
- Vertical Industry Acumen – develops and exercises a deep understanding of business dynamics within area of control, as basis for informed business decision making.
- Solution selling – approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that HP products and services accurately address client needs.
- Change management – develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.
- Lead cross functional alignment within sales, service, and supplies resources to ensure seamless programs, pricing and promotions.
- Reviews and provides input and strategy for account-team deals.
- Lead extension of substrate partner's, engagement for the WW media and supplies team or other critical needs around SW and HW converting solution partners.
- Lead Competitive Intelligence Category Projects for the Folding Carton Segment.
- Act as a valuable and contributing team member of the Products and solution team responsible for North America region.
- Support creation, enlargement & conversion of funnel of HP Indigo folding carton presses.
- Lead New Product Introduction processes, manage Beta tests, intro and ramp up programs for new products in the folding carton segment.
- High touch point with Indigo folding carton customers and prospects by creating long term relations.
- Develop and deliver deep knowledge within the region, transfer & communicate across functions.
- Suggest strategy changes internally and with external partners
- Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/ solutions
- Improve processes affecting workgroup and interfaces; e.g., forecast system, obsolescence process, etc.
- Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to deliver the benefits in front of customers or regional partners.
- Regularly recommend product/ service/solution direction to senior management.
- Constantly create innovative solutions to enhance sales of the product line and overall HP Indigo and GSB portfolio.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical or equivalent work experience of 5 years or greater in a product management, strategic marketing or technical position.
- Be a leader, take the initiative to drive processes, deliverables, and meetings to closure.
- In-depth understanding and experience in the graphics arts industry highly desirable.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically (what and why), as well as tactically (how).
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities in a dynamic, growth-business environment.
- Comfortable in a sometimes-ambiguous and dynamic work environment, at times with senior-level management.
- Ability to influence individuals and teams without direct "line of authority".
- Motivated to work until the job is done right with high attention to details.
- Understand interests and incentives of different stakeholders and adapt to your audience in delivering information.
- Great communicator
- Fast learner
- Ability to create intimate relations with customers
- Strong business acumen
- Innovative and out of the box thinking
- Willingness to work hard, dig deep and get hands dirty, think fast, take calculated risks and focus on complex goals.
- Cross functional work ability
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top