At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
Device Firmware Lab (DFL) at the PPS R&D Centre in Bangalore has been creating and managing for core firmware assets, Platform for extensible APIs and solutions driving HP's inkjet, LaserJet and design jet products.
DFL teams are charged to define and develop an enterprise class FW platform to enable printing features and solutions to meet customers need. The platform will be part of enterprise printing middleware. We have a team of developers and array of third-party developers across globe, each with differing needs, but served from the same core platform API services.
If you are our Specialist Engineer in India you will have a chance to
- Understand the existing solution platform architecture ad design, enhance/redesign to meet customer requirements.
- Drive design and implementation of roadmap features for products.
- Ensuring Design covers non-functional aspects like performance, quality, reliability and scale.
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting our platform architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technology evolve.
- Participation and influencing the global teams in firmware/software APIs and the specifications relating to print and scan.
- Working across organizations to ensure dependencies are properly resolved.
- Participates in the creation and review of integration of firmware & software components with print software, manageability and cloud solutions
- Champions innovation, development and facilitation of IP creation including filing disclosures
- Networks and collaborates with senior Experts to achieve objectives and create business value
- Provides leadership for mentoring and training to other associates at the same level or below.
- Build early prototypes of product components/services and validate them for technical design and performance.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering and quality processes, methodologies, tools
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- Bachelors / higher degree in Computer Science / closely related field with 8+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience on designing/developing high-scale, high-performance SW/Firmware systems.
- Proven track record building enterprise class SW/FW components and designing firmware components in print or any other domain.
- Strong hands-on experience in embedded systems development with exposure to core systems engineering, open source and mobility.
- Strong understanding of firmware-software interfacing
- In-depth knowledge and design experience on Linux and embedded OS
- Hands on experience in systems programming languages, specifically C++ and Java in Linux environment.
- Awareness of cloud computing, security and mobility technologies
- Knowledge in Web technologies and Web services
Back to top