Firmware & Software engineer for CPS (Current Products Support)
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
LF Operations, SW engineer CPS (Current products support)
Software Engineers play lead roles in multi-disciplinary teams working on new products and solutions. Current Product Software Engineering team has the responsibility to provide high quality software releases for all the different printers in the field. The main tasks the team is involved are: analyze issues from the field, develop the corresponding fixes, support new requirements for the installed base, provide a release plan according to the priorities stablished by all the stakeholders, and coordinate the different teams involved in the development of the release to provide them with the maximum quality.
- Apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Work on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Support customer related issues from the field.
- Leads a project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Represents the firmware engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications and BIOS/UEFI.
- Review or writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Expertise in multiple firmware design tools and languages (Linux, object oriented programming, C/C++).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing firmware, including interaction and integration with hardware design.
- Firmware testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to understand priorities in a complex business having to mix current issues with development of new requirements and to build releases plan to accomplish them.
- Capability to lead a team of firmware engineers to develop high quality products giving guidance in an environment in which priorities may change.
Back to top