Firmware Project Manager
The HP Firmware R&D Lab actively engages with all the pillars of the HP Strategic Frame for Inkjet, Laser, and Page Wide Array based printing products. The team is currently responsible for delivering firmware solutions for Inkjet and Page Wide printing platforms and products that span Consumer, SOHO, Large Format, and Enterprise markets.
In this role you will apply advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Provide project leadership, management & planning for a firmware R&D team working on Sirius firmware assets in the areas of supplies, supplies security, Instant Ink, and Lifestyle photos.
- Provide FW program leadership, management & planning for technology, feature, and solution development programs.
- Align team development with technical roadmaps and business plans of the product teams we support.
- Create, refine and deliver project plans covering tasks, deliverables, resources and expense estimates for both platform and product development efforts.
- Ensure all phases of firmware and product development are met with quality deliveries.
- Team development efforts involve close working relationships with Product development teams and collaboration with Sirius Firmware asset teams from throughout the world plus Solution development teams.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required. May have advanced university degree.
- Typically 10 or more years of related work experience, including 0 -2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Good understanding of HP's policies and processes.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top