Firmware Portfolio Strategist
In this role you will be responsible for managing the overall HP firmware portfolio, budget, allocation model, employee/outsource strategy and changes. Will also be responsible for the internal/external communications, and AGILE / JIRA strategy and implementation.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Manages and leads key programs involving multiple functions and program teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for multiple products or service offerings for a Global Business Unit.
- Directs the development of overall program strategy, budgets, resource allocation plans, and general program requirements for the Global Business Unit.
- Manages activities of supporting program teams and internal and external development partners; ensures alignment with unit strategy and owns responsibility for overall program profit and loss management.
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with business unit management and internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to products, processes, or business practices to drive continuous improvement and manage program costs.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing engineering organization.
- Reviews and evaluates program plans and guidelines for compliance with program management guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve overall program management quality and results for the organization.
- Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of program management innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- PMP/PMI certification preferred Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience designing and developing project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of organizational strategy, and successful experience managing all aspects of cross- business unit programs, including communicating with internal and external stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- History of innovation with examples of developing new technical, engineering and/or manufacturing processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program management architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at business unit levels.
- Experience with financial and budgetary principles, processes and tools.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top