- Spring, TX
HP's Business PC Systems develops high-performance desktops, notebooks and workstations. Through constant innovation, HP remains the world leader in the Commercial Personal Systems business.
As a member of the team you will apply advanced knowledge of PC architecture, embedded systems, and firmware development to transform innovative concepts into products. You will work with the hardware, firmware, software, and architecture teams to build prototypes that demonstrate customer use cases, highlight potential design flaws, and determine business viability. You will work in an exciting, high profile, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment. By working closely with the development teams, these prototypes will become the foundation for production features that ship on millions of HP PCs worldwide.
Ideally, you have a background in firmware and software, with some hardware. You must be experienced in C programming and interested in low-level code development. You must have solid troubleshooting skills and a strong drive to reach root cause on difficult technical issues. You need to be team-oriented, be innovative, possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, be quality-conscious, and have excellent communication and technical skills.
- Leads multiple project teams of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall firmware leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the firmware design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple firmware design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of firmware and interaction with hardware designs for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating firmware into overall architecture and hardware design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Strong C development experience, four or more years
- Strong low-level code development
- Comfort/interest in a prototype-driven environment
- A passion for technology...an interest/aptitude to working with new tools and technologies
Bonus Skills-These skills and tools can be a plus, but are not required:
- Any CPU programming/development experience is desired
- Embedded processor development is a plus
- If you have experience with, or an interest in working with custom boards or IoT involvement/experience (on the hardware side) we'd love to hear about it!
Back to top