Firmware Development Engineer
- Boise, ID
About Us Innovation is in HP's DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world's leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services, and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze. About you Some of the qualities you would bring to the role are:
- Curiosity. You are a continuous learner who looks for way to improves operations from multiple angles.
- Grit. Inconvenient setbacks do not impact your cadence or your results. • Attention to Detail. You are committed to documentation, including flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Persuasive Communication. You can communicate a narrative with data to leadership and make recommendations to improve processes and systems.
HP is seeking an experienced firmware development engineer to join its LaserJet printer R&D team in beautiful Boise, Idaho! As a firmware engineer in Boise, you'll join a high energy development team creating innovative solutions that are disrupting the print and copier markets. HP, a worldwide leader in computing and print technology, is a fortune 50 company with sites around the world. In addition to working with some of the most talented engineers in the industry, HP provides a wealth of benefits and opportunities.
As a firmware engineer on our team, you'll applybasic foundationof a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Use professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience.Develop expertiseand practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Act as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Work together with other engineers and architects to develop innovative solutions to challenging technical problems. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters. Mentor junior engineers.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including application and driver level code.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with local and worldwide development partners on firmware design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of firmware engineers to develop innovative, reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions enterprise class printing products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years' experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of firmware design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Understanding of firmware development tools and infrastructure, including source control (GIT, Subversion, etc.), Application lifecycle management (Jira, TFS, etc.) and code integration in an enterprise development environment.
- Expertise of firmware development languages such as C/C++ and C#
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!
Back to top