Financial Accounting Specialist
- Preparing periodic account reconciliations, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries in terms of Turkish GAAP.
- Reconcile and prepare analyses of complex balance sheet accounting sections to be presented and resolved at the trial balance review.
- Support the end to end ownership of allocated balance sheet sections owning the related month end close tasks, audit deliverables and support to the preparer of the IFRS AFS.
- Manage relationships with fiduciary firms for accounting services provided.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors supporting the controller on deliverables, compliance, process improvements and the successful, timely closure of the AFS and annual audit.
- Support month end close processes for US and Turkish GAAP accounting including journal entry posting on a monthly basis.
- Resolving accounting discrepancies in general ledger supporting corporate reviews and account reconciliations in US GAAP.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Bank account management, bank guarantee sourcing, intercompany cross border payments and local daily payment processes in terms of Turkish banking and accounting rules.
- Advise on local banking, accounting, exchange control and monetary compliance with Turkish laws.
- Check the correctness of accounting entries done by the accounting team and ad hoc review and direction to back office accounting teams on accuracy of accounting records and entries.
Education and Experience Required:
• First level university degree in Accounting, Finance or Audit.
• Professional qualifications such CPA, will be an added advantage but is not required
• Minimum 4 years of accounting and finance experience
• Audit experience (internal and/or external)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
• Knowledge of Turkish GAAP
• High level experience with operational accounting and month end close activities preferably in a multinational environment. • Proven experience in financial reporting and preparation of monthly accounts.
• Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to demonstrate capacity to create, improve & drive financial processes and procedures.
• Good English communication ability both written and verbal.
• Good organizational skills, accuracy and a sense of priorities
• Ability to plan and prioritize and to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Strong team skills
• Excellent business application skills (Excel and overall MS Office applications)
• Fluency in English & Turkish (beneficial).
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top