Finance IT Senior Manager
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manages activities of ICs (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s with accountability for a large multi- department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results, organizational strategy, and transformational activities. Often carries program management responsibilities with multiple projects.
- Applies mastery level subject matter knowledge and alternative resourcing plans to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues. May interpret policy or recommend policy exception.
- Understands, articulates, and optimizes application and process capabilities for use by multiple IT constituents.
- Directs and controls activities for a pan-HP business or IT area, typically consisting of multiple disciplines. Plans, directs, and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of staff as well as drives the strategic multi-year plan for the team. May influence or participate in the creation of the domain or sub-domain strategy.
- Drives architectural simplification and ensures capabilities and applications are done "once for the company".
- Ensures that systems and applications are highly available and meet or exceed performance expectations, and require little to no support.
- Understands, articulates, and optimizes application and process capabilities for use by multiple/all business and IT constituents.
- Ensures team meets or enables achievement of relevant IT metrics and commitments per IT business goals and objectives.
- Provides technical as well as people leadership.
- Exerts influence horizontally and vertically in the organization; demonstrates business acumen and applies it for effective business engagement with internal customers and effective management of programs and initiatives.
- Drives change management beyond the immediate team and for the business unit; takes personal ownership of the IT strategy and drives support of it.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical bachelor's degree or equivalent; advanced degree may be preferred. Twelve years minimum related experience with minimum five years of management or supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated strong expertise within relevant fields or disciplines. Strong knowledge or business experience in other business units or functional areas of the company.
- Experience directing and controlling the activities of multiple functions.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top