Field Technical Support Representative - Orange County
Applies developed knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete a wide variety of difficult assignments/tasks. Thorough understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature and require ordinary problem resolution and independent judgment. Works under limited supervision and normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions given for new assignments.
- Primary responsibilities are printer and copier repair.
- Maintain high level Customer satisfaction by clarifying Customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
- Handle Customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, escalate issues according to established procedures.
- Provide software service, post- sales or service delivery support and solve applications problems for remote or local accounts, on standard and specialized systems.
- Provide direct post-sales systems technical support to end users and HP Authorized Service Providers.
- Solve technical problems on an assigned hardware and software platforms.
- Use proactive monitoring procedures/tools to identify problem prevention opportunities.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum Vocational/Diploma/ Associate Degree (technical field) equivalent with 2-4 years of working experience in related fields or Degree holder with 1-2 years relevant working experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies.
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems and software.
- Basic skills in project management.
- Strong communication skills, problem analysis, and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop Customer relationships.
- Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic networking, O/S, and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Detailed understanding of general/technical aspects of the onsite system repair job.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top