Field Technical Support Consultant
Area of support:
PageWide Printing digital printing systems used in corrugated, book printing and transaction applications.
- The Product Support Manager has E2E technical product and service support ownership during the lifecycle of the products associated with their respective Product Line – including New Product Introduction, Sustaining Product Support and End of Service Life (EOSL).
- Defines requirements for product and service support: developing product introduction and support plans, training requirements, tools, parts support requirements, establish service programs, financial modeling, installation requirements, elevation and escalation processes and protocols, reporting capabilities, working with GBU and associated business teams to define all associated service metrics (MTTR, MTBV, Response Time, NPS, etc.).
- Applies experience and subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex service and support issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Perform product analysis proactive and reactive; develop action plans for product performance improvements. Escalation focal point for onsite engineers and product specialists engaged remotely or onsite as needed.
- Works closely with respective GBU Product Managers for escalations and product technical information. Works closely with regional service management. Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions. Work per project plan, installation plan, and escalation plan
- Uses proactive monitoring procedures to identify problem prevention opportunities. Provides customer quarterly review analysis on site specific equipment performance. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met. Handles customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately, escalates issues per established procedures.
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission-critical).
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Ability to act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Review and may resolve complex business issues.
- Represent and participate on an HP team in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
- Partners frequently with the Sales Pursuit team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools
- Superior customer service skills
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge and resolution ability.
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
- Ability to mentor field and or technical support personnel
- Ability to lead resolution activities with escalated customers
- Ability to contribute to technical action plans
- Focus on one or more product lines
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top