Field Technical Specialist
Uses ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of new concepts/techniques and to complete assignments/tasks in innovative and effective ways. Expert knowledge on the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are highly complex in nature where a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge are required to resolve problems. Work is completed independently and has ability to handle most unique situations. Frequently determines methods and procedures for new assignments. May supervise the activities of other non-exempt employee.
- Ensure high level Customer satisfaction by clarifying Customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
- Handle Customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, provide guidance, escalate issues according to established procedures.
- Provide software service, pre- sales, post-sales or service delivery support.
- For Mission Critical Customers, provide proactive and some reactive services.
- Monitor operation performance and work on corrective action plans (if needed).
- Provide input about Customers business and industry trend information into Account Support Plan.
- Mentor /Coach new hires on work process and procedures.
- Responsible for account growth and retention.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Vocational/Diploma/ Associate Degree (technical field) with 6+ years of working experience in related fields or Degree holder with 4-6 years relevant working experience.
- Experience with support of full range of HP products in Customer base.
- Proactive account management experience must meet HA/MCS qualifications.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad knowledge of corporate policies, products, markets and processes, as well as an understanding of business management principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative or technical.
- Demonstrate state-of-the-art technical, functional or business knowledge.
- Recognized as an expert in one or more industry or advanced specialty areas.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of O/S, UNIX, and networking.
- Maximize systems availability as a technical specialist highly trained in heterogeneous data center environments.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, and presentation skills, with both verbal and written presentation.
- Prevent unplanned outages or data loss by proactively escalating issues.
- Superior Customer relationship building skills that help move from transactional relationship to long-term relationship activities with Customer.
- Ability to perform while under extremely high- pressure situations.
- Demonstrate skills in management, planning, problem solving, innovation, analysis, communication and negotiation.
- Secure ITIL knowledgecertification with the ability to communicate business and IT alignment value.
- Provides leadership and coaching to Field Technical Support Representatives.
- Develop basic knowledge of change management process and tools.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top