Field Technical Specialist
Applies extensive knowledge the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments. Typically provides guidance to other non- exempt employees.
- Perform on-site installations, break fix, customer training, and configuration of HP digital printing equipment.
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software and workflow on customer sites.
- Perform on-site customer training for the operation and proper maintenance of HP digital printing equipment.
- Proactively and re-actively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring at customer sites.
- Perform machine-specific calibrations on customer sites including voltage uniformity tests, color registration and print head calibration.
- Educate customers on proper settings, file formats, etc. in graphics software for compatibility with HP printing equipment.
- Analyze customer workflows and advise them on improvements that can be made to increase efficiency.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting on HP printing equipment.
- Prepare weekly reports for management regarding visits to customer sites and work performed there.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electronic Engineering and/or Associates degree in a related field
- Experience with digital printing equipment or in the digital printing industry preferred
- High computer literacy (PC required, Macintosh a plus)
- Strong customer support skills, effectively dealing with conflicts
- Excited about technology and has the desire to learn new tasks and technologies
- Working knowledge of industry standard prepress/design software preferred
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Customer service oriented, punctual and reliable
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage complex customer problems
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top