Field Support Engineer
Applies basic foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Apply growing technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with limited risk/complexity.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
- Resolve routine in-scope technical incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve more complex incidents.
- Apply HP solutions to meet moderately complex customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
- Participate in Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
- Build relationship with management in assigned accounts.
- Sets expectations with customers based on defined parameters.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 3-5 years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of HP products and services offerings.
- Communicate effectively to technical level and first-level management within an organization.
- Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level.
- Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative based on clearly defined procedures.
- Conceptual understanding of IT environments.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top