Field Service Engineer
Applies extensive knowledge the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments. Typically provides guidance to other non- exempt employees.
- Provide Customer with overview of installation activity, site-specific information and access to appropriate contacts.
- Handle Customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, provide guidance, escalate issues according to established procedures.
- Provide software service, pre- sales, post-sales or service delivery support.
- Deliver services, including customized services to large enterprise, complex or corporate accounts.
- Use proactive monitoring procedures/tools to identify problem prevention opportunities.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Vocational/Diploma/ Associate Degree (technical field) with 3-5 years of working experience in related fields or Degree holder with 2-4 years relevant working experience.
- Experience with support of full range of HP products in Customer base.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad knowledge of corporate policies, products, markets and processes, as well as an understanding of business management principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative or technical practices Proficient Field Technical Support skill set.
- Knowledge of assigned HP hardware system platforms.
- Familiar with networking and all supported operating system platforms (i.e. HP- UX, NT, Linux, etc.)
- Knowledge of high availability system environments.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong Customer relationship building skills Ability to manage complex Customer problems.
- Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations.
- Project management, analysis, communication, scheduling, controlling, and presentation skills.
- Good teamwork with peers and HP personnel.
- Demonstrate consistent, acceptable performance of all business fundamentals.
- Knowledge of portfolio of services.
- Basic knowledge of change management process and tools available.
- Schedule and participate in on-site account support meetings both internal and external .
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top