Field Presales Client Technical Consultant
- United States
The Presales Technical Consultant team works hand in hand with the Sales Account Managers to help HP customers understand the value of HP hardware and solutions, while removing technical barriers to the selling process. This is a fast paced, highly collaborative environment with team members who push hard toward a common goal.
What TC's Do
The HP Presales Technical Consultant (TC), works directly with customers to demonstrate the value of HP hardware, software, and solutions. By understanding customer requirements, the TC helps position technical solutions to customer's business challenges. Presales Technical consultants provide technical presentations to customers on a wide array of HP solutions and build trust as technical advisers. TC's work in partnership with the sales team to win new business while maintaining and building existing customer loyalty.
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs.
Solution Planning and Design.
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's requirements.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Assesses likely competitive threats.
- Assists with requests for expertise from peers.
- Maintains excellent communications with customer management.
- Represents HP as technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted adviser.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via contributing participation in education programs.
- Identifies overlooked opportunities within the account.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
- Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within HP and partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 5-8 years experience in technical selling and/or consultative selling.
- Experience in industry desired.
- Technical and/or solution experience in vertical industry preferred.
- Maintains valid Industry related certifications such as CompTIA Security +, CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional MCSE, etc...
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of HP's breadth of solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of Client PC hardware and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge with Industry Client Management tools such as MS SCCM.
- Has experience with developing, deploying and administrating Microsoft Windows 10 operating system images.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge in Client Security technologies.
- Demonstrates current understanding of technical innovations & trends and their impact on solving customer business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for components of large complex projects.
- Understands and applies basic financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts and applies them appropriately in positioning proposed solutions.
- Applies understanding of the customer's value chain and business requirements when designing and proposing solutions.
- Communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals Industry acumen.
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges.
- Demonstrates solid questioning techniques and related communications skills with customer managers.
- Demonstrates understanding of the competition as well as good positioning & strategy.
Back to top