Federal Database Specialist
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for internal database, reporting and associated technology initiatives required to support Federal delivery
- Opportunity to participate in the development of proactive tools to enhance service delivery, both internal and customer facing.
- Execute all aspects of data modeling and other analytic methodologies towards anticipating business behaviors in the benefit of a positive customer experience and waste reduction.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Understand business needs and opportunities towards developing data mining processes and perform large-scale data analysis to derive useful business insights into product and customer behavior.
- Provide technical guidance to the team and business on data mining process and predictive analytics.
- Participate in research and method selection for solutions, being actively involved in design meetings with stakeholders.
- Respond to ad hoc analysis requests for data and analytics needed by senior management.
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or Mathematics/Statistics. Additional formal studies on Industrial Engineering will be a plus.
- Significant professional experience applying advanced statistical analysis and performing data mining and predictive modeling, manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying data sources (Minimum of 3 to 5 years of related work experience).
- In depth knowledge on lean six sigma methodology. Green/Black Belt is desirable
- Experience working on Service Operations with a high customer orientation is strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with MS SQL based solution development and Database Management & Administration (DBA)
- Ability to take team and end user requirements and transform them into operational applications/tools
- Desire to implement and extend their capabilities into proactive solutions (web based, GIS interfaces, etc.)
- Proven experience with SAS, SQL, Business Objects and other statistical software as well as Visualization tools such as Power BI.
- Strong and proven working experience applying statistical modelling techniques through statistical software/platforms
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret large amounts of raw data to accurately convey business needs
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access and other business applications.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills for writing reports/proposals and making presentations, in particular the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical results to a non-technical business audience
- Ability to work independently under a fast-paced environment, comfortable to deliver results under pressure.
- Strong work ethics and collaborative attitude.
- Self/starter Innovative thinker with analytical/problem solving skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top