Expert Data Engineer
- Vancouver, WA
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads one or more project teams of other engineers for all stages of design and development for complex, secure and performant data solutions and models, including design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration of structured/unstructured data.
- Builds and manages relationships throughout the organization
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with architecture, security and quality guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall data systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the big data space.
- Collaborates and communicates with project team regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Represents the data engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years' experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with REST and Event driven Publish/Subscribe APIs.
- Familiar withGraphQLAPIs.
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, frameworks to mine, cleanse and explore data.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in NoSQL & relational based systems.
- Strong experience in overall architecture of big data systems, cloud services/systems.
- Designing data systems/solutions to manage complex data in complex, distributed and massively parallel systems.
- Familiarity with data needs for Machine Learning and AI.
- Evaluating forms and processes for database architecture testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, data scientists and project team.
- Typically interacts with high- level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors and Program Core Teams.
- Leads multiple projects requiring data engineering solutions development.
- Drives design innovation.
Back to top