Experienced I/O Embedded Software Engineer
- Boise, ID
Innovation is in HP's DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world's leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services, and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Some of the qualities you would bring to the role are:
- Creativity. Your thinking and creativity are as varied as your approach to solving problems.
- Passion. You are passionate about software engineering and have the ability to inspire passion in others to create a shared vision that people can adopt as their own.
- Curiosity. You are a continuous learner who looks for way to improves operations from multiple angles.
- Grit. Inconvenient setbacks do not impact your cadence or your results.Attention to Detail. You are committed to documentation, including flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Persuasive Communication. You can communicate a narrative with data to leadership and make recommendations to improve processes and systems.
HP Firmware Engineer Position
The HP Inc. Firmware engineer position is based in Boise, Idaho working on LaserJet Devices in the Firmware team. The FW engineer will work on developing solutions focused on networking or wireless (802.11 or BLE), network security, and mobile print. This engineer will have some understanding of network protocols and enterprise networking solutions. This engineer will possess skills in cyber and software security. This engineer will possess the skills to troubleshoot and triage firmware issues within the wireless networking framework. Understanding of source code management tools, firmware development environments and wireless SW triage tools are desired. Understanding or working knowledge of the Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy protocol is desired. Skills in developing and understanding scripting languages such as python are a plus.
- Designs and implements enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware and embedded code.
- Triage issues and work with test or other development engineers to fix.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with 802.11, Bluetooth, Networking protocols and concepts
- Familiarity with routers and network setup methods and processes
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and put into practice
- Strong C/C++ programming language skills
- Experience developing, optimizing, and maintaining embedded systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
- Understanding of the qualification process and different levels of quality.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Back to top