- Planning and Partnering
- Proactively engage in HR and business conversations to uncover executive talent gaps, themes or needs that affect executive talent acquisition
- Devise, socialize, and execute on talent acquisition strategies for business needs
- Partner across HR for end-to-end client satisfaction in the recruiting process
- Proactively develop and execute candidate-generation strategies using all available recruiting tools
- Build diverse candidate pipelines
- Proactively identify, build relationships with and recruit passive external candidates via cold calls; conferences; networking events; or other networks
- Qualifying and Pre-Screening Candidates
- Effectively represent and market the HP employment brand, the organization's business objectives and global career opportunities to potential candidates
- Follow HP's consistent process and best practices for selecting the highest quality candidates; use refined probing techniques to elicit information
- Readily identify and address objections; assess when to pursue or withdraw
- Summarize candidate's strengths and needs relative to role and to an HP career
- Managing Candidates & Offers
- Create a stellar candidate experience: identify and anticipate candidate's needs; follow issues to closure; collaborate across the HP (relocations, immigration, compensation, etc.) to maximize candidate satisfaction; but work for HP's best interests
- Collaborate with hiring manager and business HR to create and deliver a comprehensive, compelling and balanced offer ; differentiate HP's offer from others
- Demonstrate in-depth awareness of employment laws and regulations; know when to engage legal or employee relations colleagues for support
- Build long-term candidate relationships
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. (TCP review board required in TCP families)
- Maintains relationships with key leaders at the top of a business unit.
- Manages the daily operations of a staffing team within a business and region or multiple regions, involved in hiring the team and guides performance against hiring targets.
- Directs and supervises the beginning to end staffing process within the sub-region; advises the design of sourcing strategies; and troubleshoots and manages and escalates to senior management.
- Partners with senior leadership on the hiring process, and ensures that the region is in compliance with corporate and government policy.
- Manages vendor relationships and participates in the assessment of their performance; provides solutions for improving vendor relationships.
- Leads regional and global initiatives that impact staffing; assigns resources for priority projects, and may serve as project manager for a project of high complexity and large scope.
- Designs and executes the staffing strategy within a region, including talent attraction, hiring, relocation, and the contingent workforce.
- Leads discussions with management regarding the improvement of staffing tools.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of related experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated success executing staffing programs in multiple businesses in which HP competes for talent.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent project management and process development skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top