Executive Protection and Events Security Manager
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Will lead and/or contribute to large, cross-division functional projects and/or security programs that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and contributes to functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Leads tactical and operational security delivery for Executive Protection and Security for Special Events program.
- Provides guidance and interpretation about security standards, practices and programs to support Executive and Special Events Security on a global level.
- Develops tailored training and audit programs to facilitate consistent quality program delivery.
- Oversees provision of investigations within the region or elsewhere as requested by Global Security Management
- Assesses security exposures and implements programs to address them, influencing stakeholders and clients as required.
- Maintains data and utilizes performance intelligence to assess program ROI, calibrate direction and demonstrate value to clients..
- Manages operational budgets, financial reporting and 3rd party vendor contracts for area of responsibility under supervision of Director.
- Maintain liaison with government, industry, and intelligence professionals.
- Responds to security emergencies.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5+ years Executive Protection experience required
- Special Events Security Management experience required
- First-level university degree in Criminal Justice, Security, Law Enforcement or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Typically 10+ years security experience, including a mix of law enforcement, military, intelligence and/or corporate experience. Must include corporate experience and program/project and budget management.
- Global security experience and accreditations and multiple language proficiency are required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Recognized authority in security theories, techniques and technologies for multiple security disciplines, along with broad general security knowledge. Investigative roles: Broad experience conducting complex multi-country field investigations
- Sound, ethical judgment required.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, mentoring and teaching.
- Superior ability to use security systems and applications.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to identify complex security issues and customize, implement/execute innovative processes and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure in complex situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including presentation, reporting and consulting.
- Thorough knowledge of criminal and civil procedure as it relates to evidence, privacy, interviewing, breach of contract, fraud, supply chain and intellectual property protection.
- Proven "customer service" and relationship management skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, execution, and implementation.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Abreast of industry and technology changes to ensure security programs minimize emerging risks. Established range of professional contacts. Familiar with the range of professional security literature.
- Practical knowledge of the current security environment in multiple geographies.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top