Executive Communications Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is ranked among the Top Companies to work. Among the recognitions include, One of the World's Most Attractive Employers by Universum Global, One of the Top Companies for Women Technologists by Anita Borg Institute, One of the Top 10 Fortune 500 Companies Millennials are most excited to work for by SurveyMonkey, and Working Mother 100 Best Companies for 27 years. Furthermore, HP has received two consecutive Diversity Leader Awards from Profiles in Diversity Journal. HP was also awarded the Gold Medal by World Environment Center for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development.
We are looking for a strong, motivated communications professional to lead executive communications for HP's Personal Systems business. The individual will work closely with the President of the business and the Personal Systems leadership team to drive a proactive, strategic communications agenda that motivates and inspires key stakeholder groups, including partners, customers, media, analysts, and employees. The role will also focus on advancing key corporate reputation pillars within PS, including innovation and sustainable impact. The role reports to the Head of Communications for Personal Systems.
- Set and lead the adoption of communications strategies, policies, processes and standards to drive desired behavior.
- Proactively solicit the "voice of" various internal audiences (i.e., field, senior leaders, HR, first- level managers, all employees), sharing that information with business leaders to drive better, more impactful content and communications.
- Develop, drive and evaluate executive communications strategies and programs (internal or external) for EXEC2 and EXEC1 levels.
- Develop executive speeches, including speechwriting and speaker prep, customer presentations and internal communications for executives.
- Independently develop and implement comprehensive employee, field, channel or executive communications strategies/roadmap, messaging frameworks and timelines spanning multiple quarters (e.g., annual exec communications strategy and plan for a global business group or region).
- Be recognized as an authority and thought leader in executive, field/channel or employee communications, and contribute to the development and adoption of innovative principles and ideas across HP.
- Select, manage and develop agencies or contractors.
- Manage functional or department budget.
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration.
- 10+ years of experience in employee communications, journalism or marketing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior writing and editing skills - recognized for "near perfection" writing and editing skills and often asked to edit the work of others.
- Superior listening and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organization and program management skills.
- Ability to link communications plans and activities to business results.
- Superior knowledge and understanding of employee communications methodologies, tools and vehicles.
- Proven experience managing, leading, driving and measuring virtual teams toward common goal.
- Fluency in local language and English.
- High levels of tact and diplomacy.
- Agency and budget management.
- Consultative skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company top to bottom, including most senior company management.
Back to top