Environmental, Safety and Health Expert-CIH certified
EHS Expert, CIH EHS Manager I - 00G08I
Responsible for the development, facilitation and implementation of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs, with the objective to proactively reduce risks and ensure compliance with regulations and prevent liabilities. Works with the businesses/functions, and key suppliers/contractors to ensure implementation of HP's EHS management system and standards. Applies advanced subject matter knowledge in industrial hygiene, as well as other EHS topics, to solve complex issues and is regarded as an industrial hygiene subject matter expert. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
Leads and/or provides expertise to various teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Provides mentoring, and guidance to lower level employees throughout the country and/or sub-region. Tracks, reviews, consults and implements EHS regulations, promulgated by country, state/province and local regulatory authorities for all work activities, including those at customer sites. Communicates with and provides necessary reports to Country, State, and Local governmental agencies, as well as internal partners and customers. This will include managing Air Permit/programs and Industrial Waste Water Permit/programs. Directs and facilitates audits, identifies training needs, and leads efforts in preventative injury management, industrial hygiene, emergency preparedness, chemical management, ergonomics and environmental risk reduction. Accountable for understanding and overseeing EHS costs.
- Develops and manages Environmental, Health and Safety programs for
Corvallis, OR and Vancouver, Washington, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Is the subject matter lead for resolving complex industrial hygiene issues for the Americas, and possibly globally.
- Responsible for forecasting EHS training needs and ensuring completion for targeted employees.
- Responsible for implementing HP's EHS management system and HP's EHS standards for Corvallis and Vancouver and assisting others in implementing the standards and management system within the Americas and possibly globally.
- Assures emergency response programs are in place and in compliance with legislation.
- Responsible for managing complex EHS projects/programs.
- Acts as a technical lead and mentor to EHS employees, affected employees, and other parties.
- Manages EHS costs to stay within budget.
- Interacts regularly with regional corporate management and management levels in different functions to discuss EHS strategies and implementation needs
- Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree in a related science field; advanced degree in related science field, preferably Industrial Hygiene.
- 6-10 years of work experience environmental, industrial hygiene and safety.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, CIH
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep knowledge of OSHA and EPA and related regulations.
- Deep knowledge of industrial hygiene and experience working with employees and managers to communicate and implement appropriate work exposure controls.
- Excellent technical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, and business acumen.
- Strong ability to operate in complex, high stress environments.
- Strong ability to provide guidance and direction to others.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top