Environmental, Health and Safety Expert- CSP
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Responsible for the development, facilitation and implementation of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs, with the objective to proactively reduce risks and ensure compliance with regulations and prevent liabilities. Works with the businesses/functions, and key suppliers/contractors to ensure implementation of HP's EHS management system and standards. Applies advanced subject matter knowledge in industrial hygiene, as well as other EHS topics, to solve complex issues and is regarded as an industrial hygiene subject matter expert. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
Leads and/or provides expertise to various teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Provides mentoring, and guidance to lower level employees throughout the country and/or sub-region. Tracks, reviews, consults and implements EHS regulations, promulgated by country, state/province and local regulatory authorities for all work activities, including those at customer sites. Communicates with and provides necessary reports to Country, State, and Local governmental agencies, as well as internal partners and customers. Directs and facilitates audits, identifies training needs, and leads efforts in preventative injury management, emergency preparedness, chemical management, ergonomics and environmental risk reduction. Accountable for understanding and overseeing EHS costs.
- Develops and manages Environmental, Health and Safety programs for
Corvallis, OR and Vancouver, Washington, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Is the subject matter lead for resolving complex safety issues, including electrical safety for the Americas, and possibly globally.
- Responsible for leading emergency response programs for the Americas, and for ensuring they are implemented in Corvallis and Vancouver.
- Responsible for forecasting EHS training needs and ensuring completion for targeted employees.
- Responsible for working with the business to perform equipment reviews.
- Responsible for implementing HP's EHS management system and HP's EHS standards for Corvallis and Vancouver and assisting others in implementing the standards and management system within the Americas and possibly globally.
- Some responsibility related to environmental reporting and overseeing of programs including Stormwater, Tier 2 Reports Industrial Waste Water, Air Permits, SPCC and SWPCP.
- Acts as a Safety and emergency response technical lead and mentor to EHS employees, affected employees, and other parties.
- Interacts regularly with regional corporate management and management levels in different functions to discuss EHS strategies and implementation needs.
- Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree in a related science field; advanced degree in related science field, preferably Safety Management.
- 6-10 years of work experience environmental, industrial hygiene and safety.
- Certified Safety Engineer (CSP)
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep knowledge of OSHA and EPA and related regulations.
- Deep knowledge of Safety, including electrical safety, and experience working with employees and managers to communicate and implement controls and regulations
- Excellent technical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, and business acumen.
- Strong ability to operate in complex, high stress environments.
- Strong ability to provide guidance and direction to others.
Back to top