Enterprise Account Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
You will have a chance to
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Builds professional working relationships with the client, up to the executive level.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other HP resources to strengthen HPs relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Researches and understands the client's industry, and develops a core understanding of client business needs and challenges.
- Uses a consultative-selling approach to identify and advance opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for HP.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning HP capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in HP-conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow HPs presence and share in the account.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Nurtures and closes new solution opportunities that result in incremental orders, revenue, and margins to HP.
- Represents the entire HP portfolio of products and services.
- Engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR).
- Protects HP's position and focuses on generating new business.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates and delivery of selective deals.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas.
- Uses margin management techniques.
- Participates in/drives Account Team Management
- Orchestrates all HP resources and sponsorship essential for executing the account business plan.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Effectively engages and leverages executive sponsors.
- Engages HP sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage HPs portfolio and improve win rate of selective deals.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs and facilitate solution development.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Builds strong consultative relationships with key client business managers and IT executives with a focus on addressing business needs.
- Negotiates at the business manager and IT executive level.
- Focuses on IT business challenges and drivers to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor within IT operations.
- Knowledge of client procurement processes and key decision criteria for winning new andor maintaining existing business.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Knowledge of basic financial-selling concepts in support of business cases for HP solutions.
- Knowledge and mastery of HP's sales tools and processes (i.e. Siebel, CDSM, TAS).
- Account/Team Leadership.
- Ability to manage dedicated global virtual teams (including people management).
- Demonstrated capability in managing large accounts.
- Strong presentation and communication skills at the business manager level.
- Expertise in managing end- to-end sales processes in large deals with a few cross-portfolios.
- Adheres to SBC and HP's code of ethics.
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and be able to converse with client on issues and challenges.
- Knowledge of HP's breadth of solutions and engages appropriate specialist resources as needed.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/solution knowledge to assess client's business and identify opportunities to extend current business in the account.
- Uses knowledge in specialty and consultative selling skills to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - product, service, solution -- from proposal to contract sign-off.Demonstrates high service knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing specialty product and service related information with account teams and customers.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's Degree; advanced degree or MBA desired.
- Experience in IT industry.
- Experience in vertical industry preferred.
- Typically 3-5 years account management experience.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top