Engineering Program Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Join our team as an Engineering Program Manager in the Global Infrastructure and Security (GIS) team. You will be working with Global Business Units (GBUs) R&D teams, Manufacturing and other engineering organizations to apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and are regarded as a subject matter expert. You will contribute to the development of new ideas and methods, and work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data required an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. You also lead and provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert, you will provide direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies, and frequently you will represent the organization to external customers/clients. You will be able to exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Finally, you will be asked to provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
As an Engineering Program Manager, you will:
- Be the focal point contact for all new programs or initiatives that involve GIS team or relates to Infrastructure, including site onboarding / offboarding requests
- Manage and lead GIS engineering programs and projects during the development lifecycle throughout implementation
- Develop the roadmap for Global Infrastructure and Security organization
- Work with project teams and other program managers acting as a release coordinator
- Develop and direct development of schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program
- Manage activities of supporting project teams and internal development partners; ensure progress against established plan and make determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborate with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing and/or engineering organization.
- Lead and provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Business Management, or equivalent
- 6-10 years of experience as Engineering Program Manager
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Demonstrated business acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of engineering programs, including adherence to plan, problem solving and communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or higher
- Scrum Master certification as a plus
- PMP certification as preferred
- Experience working with Agile teams
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top