End User Sales (BC/AB)
We're looking for a highly motivated sales representative based in British Columbia or Calgary to join our supplies-specific sales team to drive HP OEM toner & ink revenue in small medium and large size accounts leveraging existing end-user and reseller programs. Duties include cold calling, end-user & partner face to face meetings, deal/proposal creation, forecasting and funnel management using internal pipeline management tools.
The Supplies-specific Sales Team will focus on achieving revenue, profit, and growth objectives by driving preference for HP Supplies and developing and executing on the Canadian Supplies strategy across various routes to market. The team will employ a customer first, sales driven attitude, and growth mindset towards aggressively achieve goals. Collaboratively, the team will develop strategies and execute on plans that deliver results on priorities; as well will provide leadership throughout the organization on the Supplies business.
Priorities for this team include, but are not limited to: driving aftermarket growth, profitably through accretive share gain; accelerating Printer unit placements by utilizing usage data to propel Supplies opportunities; collaborating with category, channel, and field teams; working closely with our channel and customers, continuing to improve channel health and elevating customer experience;
- Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline by generating leads and referrals and new customer opportunities within specialty area.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's products and services better.
- Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
- Formulate and expand solutions to generate additional product or service attachments and up sell revenue.
- Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
- Work closely with and support account manager, providing technical expertise and support, and participating in client engagements.
- May focus on growing contractual renewals for mid-size accounts with some complexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals.
- Establishes a professional, working, and consultative relationships with customer/partner at all organizational levels to develop a core understanding of the unique business needs; able to interface with senior levels in internal and external groups.
- Assigned average or higher size quota.
- Account size ranges; may work in a Small-Medium, Enterprise, or Corporate Segment; varied sales cycle.
- Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
- Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred. Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer and higher level customer interface.
- Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products.
- Typically 2-5 years of experience in specialty sales.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in achieving progressively higher quota.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- In depth knowledge about product, service, solution and differentiators between own offerings and what competitor's offerings, and be able to qualify a deal
- Applies specialized technical product/service/ solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
- Use knowledge in specialty, and consultative selling skills, to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
- Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position HP as the preferred vendor for
meeting all business needs
- Assesses solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine "qualify-in"/"qualify-out" status
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
- Solid communication and presentation skills within all levels of business at the manager level.
- Product demonstration, customer training, product installation skills. (for product specialty roles)
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - product, service, solution -- from proposal to contract sign- off.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Negotiation of profitable deals so that HP can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue.
- Opportunity prospecting as related to specialty area and in expanding existing client business, in order to generate leads/referrals to account team.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Regular use of systems to update deal profile and forecasting accurately.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top