Employee Communications Specialist
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The role joins the Employee Communications team, which is responsible for creating and delivering timely information to the more than 55,000 employees across more than 60 countries. This includes original news and digital content, leadership messages, product news, and communications from the business units, HP Labs, and functional teams that provide services and experiences to employees including HR, Legal, Global Real Estate, IT, and others. Using communications to foster open dialogue throughout the company is a key focus. Members of this team are uniquely positioned to learn about all of HP, not just any one niche.
The Employee Communications team is a core part of the Employee Experience team, which sits within the HR organization. Employee Experience delivers an integrated experience that unleashes employees' energy and potential throughout their HP journey, driving business success. It connects employees to HP, to one another, and to their work. We do this by ensuring employees understand and proudly promote HP's vision, mission, strategy, business priorities, and the products they help create. We encourage employees to embrace HP's values and internalize what it means to behave ethically and responsibly toward each other, our partners, and communities.
The Employee Communications specialist is an early-career communications professional with an interest in planning, developing, distributing, and measuring communication programs. This role offers both operational and creative support to the Employee Communications team, driving communication approaches that are employee-centered while helping the business meet its objectives.
Key areas of responsibility
- Support the employee communications strategists in executing communication plans that align to company strategy, culture, and values.
- Draft communications, including emails, news stories, and social posts.
- Prepare metrics reports to help evaluate the effectiveness of communications and inform communication decisions.
- Assist with research to generate insights about employee needs and preferences.
- Track deliverables and schedules for key communication channels.
- Assist in the consistent delivery of emails, newsletters, and other communication deliverables.
- Assist the managing editor in maintaining an integrated editorial calendar.
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders across the company to drive connection and coordination across communications.
- Adapt quickly and effectively when priorities shift.
Reporting and management line
This role reports to the Strategy & Content Leader
With a bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or marketing, or equivalent experience, this individual demonstrates:
- Passion for employee communications and the overall employee experience.
- An ability to write and edit in a variety of styles and formats in a way that is engaging, grammatically correct, and appropriate.
- Comfort with digital communication channels, including email, websites, presentations, social media, online meetings, and video.
- Effectiveness at working in a cross-functional, team-based environment with stakeholders and influencers across different levels and areas of responsibility.
- Uncommon organization skills and attention to detail.
- A sense of ownership and accountability for their work.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top