EMEA Scanners Product & Business Development Manager
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is the largest technology solutions provider in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and worldwide. Office Printing Solutions (OPS) EMEA is responsible for HP's printing & scanning portfolio for SMB and Enterprise customers.
In this position you will be part of the EMEA category marketing team. Our charter is to manage the P&L of the Office Hardware Business in EMEA across the key metrics of: Revenue, Operating Profit, Market Share, HP Owned Inventory and Channel Inventory.
As the Product & Business Development Manager for Scanners, you will define/manage growth initiatives to lead in the Scanner business. Tasks covers from defining the strategies together with RTM teams (mainly commercial channel and CEP), to support and develop countries towards achieving the expected growth goals in this category. You will own the overall sales enablement (tools/insights) and working cross-functional to assure HP presence in the document mgmt. market (GBU, Mktg, country category, toner and RTMs). You will be responsible for developing content, aligning & monitoring plans/performance with countries, understanding specific country dynamics and sharing best practices, requesting to GBU needs, etc. This involves, among others: market research & insights, business and competitive analysis, product specification and performance definition, portfolio management, product pricing, new product introduction strategies, messaging and sales tool review, product training, big deal evaluation, rollover management and product obsolescence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree or Master's (graduate) degree in Business Administration or Marketing.
- 3+ years product management experience
- 3+ years experience in project management
- 3+ years experience in the printer business and/or in the commercial market
- Experience in Marketing
- Experience in portfolio and product life cycle management
- Experience in preparing and delivering training in English language to different audiences (sales, marketing, etc), across different cultures
- Experience in Business Analysis and Competitive Analysis, preferably in the EMEA printing market
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of Product Life Cycle Management
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of the printer/scanners/supplies market landscape (customer, distribution/channel, competition)
- Familiar with EMEA Enterprise, Commercial and SMB Markets
- Experience in preparing and delivering training to internal as well as external audiences
- Experience in working with European channel organization
- Demonstrated track record for excellent English written and verbal communication
- Strong, demonstrated project management skills
- Strong, demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated drive and enthusiasm, track record for getting things done
Summary – key responsibilities:
P&L system responsibility of the named PL's re: Rev $ to Aspire/Quota Performance, COS and margin developments, Unit goals, Inventory awareness and impact
Lifecycle management for a range of products (HW, supplies in box) from initial to EOL
- NPI management (product plan, product strategy, intro pricing, new product training, agency briefing, supplies alignment, intro material and outbound communication)
- Manage product/segment marketing strategy and integration of 3rd party solutions
- Product positioning and messaging
- "Europeanized" competitive Analysis (also future), response and "selling against" on product level
- Crisis management (e.g. Issue & escalation management, cost reduction, quality, …)
- Includes technical issues and GBU interaction
- Supply demand matching (future and current forecasting, allocation & rollover mgmt., EOL etc.)
- Availability & allocation management
- Operations Interactions
- Support with product/category expertise planning & reporting processes (SPAR/Interlock, POR, FC M7-M18)
- External "support" e.g. Customers, PR, analysts (presentations, inquiries, big deal support, …)
- Lifecycle Pricing & Promotions
- Connection with MPS route to market groups
Biz Intelligence with focus on CEMA
- CEMA is the largest market for Scanners. PM will need to have special focus to understand regional dynamics and key competitors offering.
Future product definition
- Close cooperation with the GBU to influence product definition in order to meet EMEA's requirements
Training of CBM, Country Category, channel and sales force
- Support of training strategy
- Deliverables to the curriculum (e.g. technology roadshow, Labs, …)
- Customer/Partner presentations in the Customer Experience Center
Current Business Mgmt for Scanners: Pricing of current portfolio & Profitability analysis. Monthly tracking Scanners performance à Build actionable plans with countries and monitor.
- Business Development with selected EMEA channel partners: Execute channel focus program and drive joint business plan with selected top EMEA partners (highest potential in Germany & UK).
- Engage with local PBMs managing partners
- Align with country category Scanner focus program
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top