EMEA Product Manager - Mobile Workstations
In a rapidly changing market HP strives to stay the undisputed leader in the Europe Middle East and Africa region. While we are already a clear market leader in the workstations segment, we must continue to expand our leadership in all categories in all sub segments in all countries. We're looking for motivated and talented people to keep the momentum.
The commercial Product Manager is part of the EMEA Workstations Business Unit team that is in charge of the product marketing mobile workstations for the region.
The Product Marketing team responsibilities include developing and implementing marketing strategy for our products, working closely with the relevant division to ensure the smooth and effective introduction of new products but also bringing product marketing best in class support to the countries. The team is involved through the entire product life-cycle: analyzing the competition and looking at the market evolution, positioning the product, segmenting the market, deciding the channel mix, pricing, volume, and product service and support strategy. The overall alignment is done with the supply chain, finance and business development teams, and in coordination with the marketing teams.
Within the team, the Product Manager's key responsibilities involve:
- Be expert of his/her product market in EMEA: customer needs, technologies, trends, competition
- Drive the definition of the select product segment for EMEA with the WW division
- Deliver best in class product marketing material including training, customer presentation, datasheet, technical specifications
- Support to the countries on specific business needs
- Define and lead the product business plan including financials, marketing material to assure an effective launch within the region
- Continuously work with the demand planning and supply chain teams on forecast to insure availability of product
In a nutshell, the Product Manager is the business owner of his/her product and is expected to master its 4 P's (Product, Price, Promotion and Placement) and 3 C's (Customer, Cost and Competition).
Education and Experience Required
- University or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing or non-business/technical field of study (with a passion for Product Marketing)
- Typically 3+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred
- Experience working with senior management and managing cross-functional teams
Knowledge and Skills
- IT industry knowledge
- Basic understanding of PC technology
- Understanding of commercial customer needs in the PC market
- Product management skills (4P's, 3C's)
- Financial planning and modeling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing)
- Focus one on BU / multiple product lines
- Drive, passion and fast learning
- Open-minded and creative
- Multi-country experience
- Fluency in English, other languages are a plus.
We are seeking senior level candidates for this role, expected to be able to lead the following additional tasks:
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Works on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Leads and / or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top