EMEA Print Pre-Sales Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Become a senior leader of the newly created HP A3 copier business and play a critical growth role in HP's success.
In this role you will lead a team of EMEA technical solution architects that would help to grow profitable print market share with effective Pre-Sales consultation & solutions for enterprise customers & preferred channel partners.
Pre-Sales consultations include recommendations based on the customer's unique IT environment, vertical workflow solutioning and partnering with a dealer network of solution providers.
You will be the link between channel partners and HP's R&D Engineering teams and will lead the development of custom solutions for complex customer environment needs.
This role would allow you to play an active & unique “ Voice of the Customer” role in influencing the future portfolio for solutions needed by channel partners and customers.
You will have the opportunity to work in a very challenging, fast paced and dynamic sales environment and manage a European based staff of highly motivated individuals .
The job will have a broad span of control and could require a focus on any or all of the product solution elements; Software Solutions, Product Hardware and Firmware.
The job reports into the A3 Global Business Unit and would require active interaction with multiple nationalities around the world and key HP print sites.
- Managing the Business
- Directs overall Presales operations in assigned area of responsibilities.
- Resource management & Intra- Region support - Translates business goals into actionable presales utilization plans that reflect the requirements and opportunities within area of control.
- Proactively addresses regional presales coverage gaps and leverages presales technical expertise where warranted to win opportunities for HP.
- Partnering with Sales & acct. planning - actively engages in driving sales strategy; collaborates within HP and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources; proactively assesses sales pipelines in area of control to ensure appropriate and timely utilization of presales support.
- Collaborates effectively across organizational boundaries to ensure a positive "voice-from-the- field" presence in business decision making and product design.
- Business acumen
- Continuously monitors, troubleshoots, and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with HP's business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance and a highly motivated presales force.
- Exhibits authoritative business, financial and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations. Understands what it takes to manage a business and uses these insights to gain better understanding of a client's/customer's needs and to position the value of HP's offers.
- Leading & Managing Presales People
- Coaching - Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers.
- Leadership - Applies understanding of team dynamics to work effectively in teams, achieve goals and successfully plan & execute activities; Effectively facilitates remote team collaboration; develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.
- People development - Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain HP sales force excellence within area of control; anticipates new skill requirements from changing industry or market indicators; sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the presales force; ensures strong technical acumen across the group needed to support sales.
- Selling as a Presales Manager
- Focus on strategic direction - articulates HP's technology vision and direction directly to customers in support of key account sales or complex deals.
- Consultative selling - strategizes with and coaches their team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for HP; Compellingly positions HP as the vendor of choice for strategic partnering for enterprise-wide IT solutions; Identifies the measurable value or impact of HP offerings and clarifies for customers the key differentiators that distinguish HP's solutions from those offered by its competitors.
- Financial selling - employs a financial selling approach to meet customer needs; works with team to build business cases that link proposals to customer's goals, strategies and relevant business metrics, and that demonstrate industry and competitive proficiency; Develops an accurate business need profile and demonstrates an understanding of related issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; advanced or Master's degree preferred.
- Typically 10-12+ years experience in sales.
- Directly related management experience and work results including success in managing the achievement of progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Demonstrated results in managing resources to support complex, strategic sales and/or business objectives.
Knowledge and Skills:
In addition to core technical skills:
- Business Management
- Strategic Planning/ Execution.
- Forecast/Budget Control.
- Operations Building/ Improvement.
- Resource Brokering/ Allocation.
- Management of complex processes.
- Business Development
- Strategic Account Support.
- Negotiation skills within HP and with C-level clients.
- Consultative Selling
- Presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong executive level relationships.
- Consultative, solution selling and business development skills.
- Business case development skills.
- Workforce Planning & Development
- Workforce Planning.
- Career Planning & Development.
- Workforce Management
- Coaching & Supervision; timely management of low performers.
- Skill Development/ Enhancement.
- Performance Management.
- Change Management
- Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.
Back to top