EMEA Business analytics & data scientist
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
The EMEA Business Analytics & Data Scientist position is open in the EMEA Customer Support Analytics and Reporting team within the Customer Support organization.
This role is a very critical role with high visibility from executives and with huge opportunity for development. Indeed, as part of the EMEA A&R team, you will be part of a transformational journey to build state of the art new analytics capabilities leveraging latest technologies in the big data & data modelling space. Thanks to your strong work engagement, your ability to be creative and your logical and analytical thinking, you will enable to transform raw data into information and information into actionable insight. Within the customer support organization, your data and analysis will allow to improve the support delivery efficiency while improving the customer satisfaction. Your role will also be instrumental to provide the right insight to grow the strategic services business.
Job Specifics / Responsibilities:
We are looking for a strong talented business analyst willing to go for the extra mile. As part of his/her job he/she is expected to
- Be instrumental to move away from simple data reporting and to enable data intelligence
- Take ownership of existing prototypes and tools (mainly in the Service area) for technical support, operations , maintenance and on-going evolution per business environment changes
- Apply innovation to existing solutions to drive efficiency and optimization
- Actively participate in design, development, documentation and deployment of new tools, initiatives and projects, building proof of concept aligned with customer needs
- Build appropriate partnership and trusted relationship with stakeholders so that input we are dependent on are accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Design & implement controls that always ensure tool reliability as well result accuracy.
- Use advanced database design and management knowledge to develop reporting solutions or data structures supporting business tools and data mining
- Develop thorough understanding of business data and their underlying processes and apply Big Data analysis technics to transform data into information and actionable insight
The job covers many domains
- Activity drivers & volume analysis
- Costing and Long Term Planning tools
- Project management/Development of new requests
- Story telling based on data & facts
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Highly motivated in technical development and playing with data as well as understanding the big picture and developing skills in business analysis and business intelligence.
- Strong technical, analytical and summarizing skills. Ability to understand complex processes and transform them into an actionable solution
- Likes figures & data. Fast to understand trends. Correlate facts with data in a logical way.
- Detail oriented with however the ability to understand and explain the global picture.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people
- Comfortable working with management located abroad and with virtual teams distributed across the globe
- Structured, Self-starter and autonomous. Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ready to consider change as an opportunity to excel
- Great team player, flexible and optimist!
- SQL/MS SQL , PowerBi, R / Python / KNIME, Tableau, Python
- Database Design and Management
- Advance knowledge of MS office (Excel , Access)
- MS SharePoint skills – basic web programming is a plus
- Statistical knowledge would be a strong plus
- Master degree in Computer Science , Engineering, Business Analysis or related field like statistics or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years in data handling and advanced analysis
- Work experience in Global Corporation
- Preferred Statistical technics Certified/Trained and/or Green Belt Six Sigma certified/Trained Work
- Good track of record of smart business & data analysis in complex environment
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Further your career with us through:
- Constant learning progression
- Personal recognition and highly valued ideas and innovative mindset
- Autonomous work environment
- Constructive collaboration directly with the company's executives
This is to inform you that HP Inc. is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. HP takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that HP may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of HP. HP can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top