EMEA 1st Tier Support Engineer with Polish
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. Moreover, we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences, and perspective he or she brings. That is how we work at HP. Moreover, this is how ideas and people grow.
1st tier support engineers are support agents facing directly the end user (the asset user. Their role can be split into different high-level tasks:
- They are the subject matter expert of one (1) asset, meaning they will be the reference for the other member of the team in case of questions, issues for this asset.
- They have basic + knowledge of all assets supported by the team
- They are responsible to either solve the issue or escalate it to the 2nd tier agent
- They are responsible to manage the support case in the designated tool (case creation, update, closure)
Customer/Partner Support - Identify Issue
- Receive and acknowledge issues from customers/partners
- Perform Case qualification, verify problem/analysis and confirm prioritization with customers/partners.
- Manage Chat support in the supported language
Customer/Partner Support - Analyze Issue
- Perform analysis and develop solutions
- Define interim strategies or workarounds and facilitate communication to customer/partner through defined processes
- Recommend and obtain approval (if needed) for an optimal solution
- Identify and involve additional resources if necessary but maintain ownership of the issue. Exercise strong judgment in engaging other support team members as appropriate
- Identify the "Issue Owner" and perform the appropriate hand-off if necessary
- Maintain/improve knowledge of Case Logging tool and usage.
- Take incoming customer calls (via telephone, email, voicemail, or other automated alerts).
- Log call details onto call management systems and provide response and resolution within SLA.
Customer/Partner Support - Resolve Issue
- Educate and consult
- Drive the implementation of the solution, consulting appropriate resources as necessary.
- Assist in:
- Upstream and Downstream interface linkages (DCC, K2, JAM, etc.)
- Track, monitor, and communicate issue status and resolution to issue initiator and other affected parties
- Follow Change Management process as required
- Thoroughly test proposed workarounds
- Escalate problems when necessary
- Utilize root cause codes on all cases to identify trends, gaps, training, etc.
- Identify and communicate training gaps of the Customer/Partners to appropriate parties.
- Communicate updates to documentation as appropriate to Program Manager
- Utilize Platform Specialist for more technical issues and to get enhancement requests on POR, if necessary
- Communicate with worldwide support organizations to review the issue and identify if system modifications required
- Engages Worldwide support partners as needed
- Engage all appropriate parties to address escalated issues
- Communicate regularly with issue initiator or impacted parties
- Manage escalated problems effectively to expedite resolution
- Articulate, clarify, and explain MS Infrastructure processes and system functionality to business users
- Proactively suggest process updates and improvements to appropriate teams based on trend analysis.
- Communicate to management regarding current business process effectiveness and ideas for improving monitoring flow efficiencies.
- Keep up to date with local business requirements and practices and communicate information to the appropriate business users
- Build effective partnerships/linkages to organizations/divisions
- Work with the EMEA Program Manager for the needs to localize the tool.
- Manage posts into MS Infrastructure tools - communication management - based on requests coming from EMEA Program Manager.
- Participate in new tool & process release implementation by observing the following:
- During the implementation of enhancements/changes/updates for regional tools/systems/assets ensures business test scenarios are executed and validated
- Helps with the definition of test cases when required/needed
- Provides UAT user acceptance tests sign-offs, observing general acceptance rules
- Ensure user-impacting system changes are properly communicated
- Give feedback during and post implementation
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Back to top