Electrical Product Engineer 3D Printing
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The HP Barcelona site is responsible for the Research and Product Development and Operations of HP MetalJet 3D Printers.
We are looking for an Electronics Electrical Product Engineer that will be in charge of the industrialization of Power Boxes, Electronics, PCA and Cables for our 3D Printers. as part of the Worldwide Operations team, located in Sant Cugat del Vallés (Barcelona). He/she will partner with R&D and Supply Chain groups to successfully introduce new 3D products into world-wide production. He/she will:
- Actively participate in the New Products Design phases working closely with R&D labs providing the required inputs from Operations perspective (manufacturability, serviceability, cost)
- Drives the transition from early prototype stages to volume production at Worldwide Manufacturing Partners (MPa), working closely with other HP organizations in Asia responsible for production management.
- Holds the engineering responsibility after production starts and improve the product and its related processes to optimize final product quality, cost and manufacturing efficiency.
a) New product generation (development phase)
Understand and analyze new product subsystems and components to:
- Improve product reliability and quality, providing Design for manufacturing and serviceability feedback to R&D.
- Ensure design is compatible with the chosen manufacturing processes.
- Specify, design/outsource and qualify manufacturing equipment, tooling, tests and processes to guarantee industrialization. Provide support to production builds that happen during this phase at manufacturing site.
b) New product launch (introduction phase)
Guarantee that product launch can be done successfully in manufacturing by ensuring the readiness of manufacturing equipment, tooling, test and processes and by following up manufacturing metrics to correct deviations in order to achieve the right level of manufacturing stability.
Execute transfer of product design and manufacturing processes "know-how" to engineering Team(s) at manufacturing partners and HP team supporting production.
c) Cost reduction
Review existing products design to reduce the parts and manufacturing costs:
- Identify opportunities and develop proposals.
- Evaluate technical feasibility of cost reduction proposals.
- Recommend projects to management where they are technically and financially sound.
- Manage execution of the projects through partners.
d) Current products engineering responsibility
Identify and solve the causes of product quality and reliability problems:
- Conduct failure analyses on products, materials and components, from customer and manufacturing data.
- Work with partners (within and outside HP) to identify and design solutions.
- Work closely with Customer Assurance team to effectively capture the main customer issues and drive their resolution.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
- 2-6 years of experience in complex products development or production within Operations, RnD or Quality.
- Familiar with DOE, data/statistical analysis, mathematical modeling and quality assurance techniques.
- Basic Programming skills (TCL, C, Phyton...).
- Fluent spoken and written English
Skills and Competencies
- Analysis capacity: Analytical and creativity skills for engineering experiments and problem resolution.
- Strong Team Building: Able to build rapport with partners so that new ideas can be accepted smoothly; and to give/receive open and honest feedback in a positive attitude.
- Project Management skills: Able to deploy cross-organizational implementation plans thru partners, timely track progress, identify deviations and proactively take corrective actions.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to convey key messages to different stakeholders (Ops, program, management), covering organization in geographically dispersed.
- Results and performance driven: stretching goals and clear timelines set up, meticulous actions tracking and “can do” attitude to overcome roadblocks.
Back to top