Electrical Engineer Firmware Systems Master Architect --Home Platform Solutions
The HP HPS Scanning Platforms Team is looking for a Master EE/FW to join a team developing innovative products for home and small business customers. You will be working with teams internally and externally around the world to provide technology roadmaps, architect solutions and implement designs that are cost effective, amaze our customers and drive profitable growth for HP's Consumer printing business!
Lead architecture for HPS Consumer platforms:
- Lead architectural development of future consumer solutions including core printing and new features and technologies (ie sound, non-TIJ Printheads, etc).
- Work with architectural peers in mechanical, electrical and FW disciplines to make mechanical and electrical architectural decisions in consumer platforms/printers/solutions.
- ID and Partner with 3rd party technology providers to innovate new consumer products/solutions.
- Mentor engineering team to achieve maximum innovation and productivity
The ideal candidate is a recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, providing highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Operates well and is a proven leader in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Develops organization-wide architectures and methodologies for electrical hardware design and development for the Home Printing Solutions Business.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of electrical hardware design and development innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to architect, develop and deliver analog and digital solutions.
- Experience working with partner assets, particularly analog and digital ASICs and FW.
- Demonstrated ability to employ financial acumen to technical decisions or trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to influence investment/business decisions and drive strategy
- High degree of initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top