EHS Americas Region Manager
The EHS Function is responsible for the development, facilitation and implementation of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs for the company, with the objectives to proactively reduce risks and ensure compliance with regulations and prevent liabilities. It works across the company and with the businesses/functions, and key suppliers/contractors to ensure implementation of an appropriate EHS management system (including ISO14001) and industry standards. It tracks, reviews, consults and implements EHS regulations, promulgated by country, state/province and local regulatory authorities, for all work activities, including those at customer sites and mobile environments. It communicates with and provides necessary reports to Country, State/Province and Local governmental agencies, as well as internal partners and customers. It directs and facilitates audits, identifies training needs, and leads efforts in preventative injury management, industrial hygiene, ergonomics and occupational health risks and environmental strategies.
The Americas Regional Manager manages the activities of EHS professionals and occupational health staff and EHS managers throughout the Americas region. The role applies subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving complex business/technical issues related to safety, environmental and occupational health. The manager interacts with business and functional managers. The manager is responsible for achieving budgets and overseeing contract/contingent workforce. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members.
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors and managers, that implements environmental, health and safety programs, ISO14001 and HP's environmental, health and safety management system.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Ensures that environmental, safety and health regulations are implemented throughout the region.
- Recommends solutions for strategic problems that occur and drives strategic actions.
- Oversees and plans for overall budget of region
- Collaborates with other HP functions/partners to drive strategic decisions and effective program implementation
- Participates in HP policy decisions regarding EHS, and contributes to driving decisions made by the Global EHS Director.
Education and Experience:
- University Science Degree in environmental health and/or safety; Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Typically, 10-12 years of experience in environmental, industrial hygiene or safety engineering field.
- Typically, 2-4 years of people management
Knowledge and Skills
- Broad knowledge of regulations applicable to EHS within countries in Americas including OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Strong people management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and ability to work across different cultures.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Strong ability to manage a diverse group remotely.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top