Director, Worldwide Contractual GTM Strategy
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We provide technology and services that help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.
No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Who we are
We are the leading printing and personal systems technology company in the world, and we are here to create technology that makes life better for everyone everywhere. In an ever-changing, connected world, HP Inc. keeps reinventing itself, its technologies, and what tomorrow holds-so industries, communities, and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate, and create what matters the most to them.
We operate with the heart, creativity, and energy of a startup, and with the brain, muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation. We will use this unique combination, along with our 50,000 world-class employees and 76-year legacy of innovation, to engineer experiences that amaze our customers.
What we stand for
We believe in a Blended Reality created by the fusion of the physical and digital worlds. We believe everyone is a creator when empowered by intuitive, accessible technology. And we believe technology should work for you and adapt to your needs, context, and environment.
The Worldwide Go-To-Market Strategy team is part of Global Head of Sales Strategy & Operations function, which reports into the COO. The team provides leadership in setting the GTM strategy to enable sales of HP products and services through for all Routes-to-Market. We also manage the global program development and governance to deliver a consistent global experience to customers who buy in multiple countries around the world. This role will report into the Senior Director of Global GTM Strategy. This is a leadership role to help design and lead HP's 2020 go-to-market strategy, to enable the growth of next generation contractual and ITaaS business models. It will help define the next generation of customer segmentation and routes-to-market framework for HP to successfully deliver the required contractual/ ITaaS customer experience. This is a high visibility role with exposure to C-suite executives, region and global business leaders, and provides a platform to launch into a successful career leading HP's GTM success 2020 and beyond.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leverages deep expertise in managed services/ XaaS strategy domain to bring new thought leadership to the HP WW GTM team
- Works closely with executive stakeholders in the WW Sales Strategy & Ops team, Global Business Units and Regional leadership teams, to drive strategic alignment and gain sponsorship on key projects.
- Directly manages the 2020 Contractual Routes-to-Market strategy development process. Provides thought leadership and contributes to strategy and program development at a global and regional level
- Provides strategic project oversight, governance, overall coordination, status reporting, and stability for complex cross-functional work efforts
- Communicates decisions, plans, status, issues, and workarounds to achieve alignment across teams and regions
- Develops strong relationship and credibility with key executives, managers, and individual contributors to form effective partnerships
- Builds financially sound, executable, data driven analysis in support of program execution
Scope and impact
- Part of a small, high performing team that defines and executes GTM projects
- Manages programs in a large, complex organization with multiple Business Units
- Interfaces with customers and partners as necessary to communicate strategy and gain perspective and feedback.
- Brings together and manages virtual teams across functions and regions
- Implements high-impact transformational initiatives across a cross-functional project team
Education & Experience required
- Bachelor's degree; MBA highly desired
- Proven track record in management of complex projects
- 10+ years' relevant work experience
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Background in leading XaaS/ Managed Services companies, preferably in a leadership role, developing and implementing go-to-market strategy, sales strategy, partner strategy
- Brings a deep understanding of the Contractual/ XaaS business model requirements and adapt within the HP context
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a complex and global environment and deliver results; ability to influence strategic direction while incorporating key executive/HP stakeholder perspectives
- Established communication skills at an executive-level, middle-management level as well as to external stakeholders (customers and partners)
- Ability to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative
- Ability to learn fast and develop creative approaches to project objectives
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving skills, good business and financial acumen
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top