Director, Product Management for Modern Device Management
Are you someone interested in working in an agile start-up environment while leveraging the brand recognition, solution capabilities and global reach of one of the world's largest IT corporations? The Emerging Compute Solutions team operates in a highly dynamic landscape with a product portfolio that encompasses commercial services, analytics and machine learning, commercial mobility devices, retail point of sale devices, thin clients and workflow transformation. The business unit is looking to build and develop a best-in-class, multi-OS Services portfolio powered by software, cloud, analytics and machine learning as well as expert IT resources. Our services portfolio will power HP's Device as a Service (DaaS). For more info on DaaS, please visit: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/services/daas.html.
The team is seeking a Director of Product Management focused on enabling device management as a service leveraging our analytics and machine learning platform (DaaS APM), EMM technology as well as modern management technology developed by Microsoft. This director must have a passion for technology, products, roadmap planning, business strategy and the desire to make an impact through technology, new service creation, new business model creation and strategic partnerships. This role will contribute directly to the growth of HP, its customers and it partners. This individual will lead the software roadmap for HP device management and modern management services, focused primarily on 0-3 years out. This person will work closely with the leadership team, software engineering, technology partners, channel partners, customers and internal technologists though direct and indirect reports. Specifically, this person is responsible for the technology roadmap, competitive leadership of software platform and overall adoption and success of core software service initiatives for Device-as-a service. This role will be focused on developing software based solutions that differentiate our hardware portfolio as well as creating solutions that solve customer pain points. This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Portfolio and Planning in the Emerging Compute Solutions global business unit and has people management responsibilities.
Set a clear, multi-year vision for HP's Software portfolio
- Build a strategic plan based on customer insight and a keen understanding of technology and market dynamics to determine the right bets for HP
- Influence hardware, software and cloud product development to deliver holistic lifecycle management and services using AI and modern management techniques
- Envision the future state technology of HP Services
Build out partnerships with key ecosystem players to realize the vision
- Identify and prioritize key partners and drive technical and business alignment with our product/ services offerings by leveraging our partner ecosystem
- Influence hardware, software and cloud product development to deliver holistic app management, security and mobility solutions
Lead the technology transformation effort of HP's Services business
- Design the technology infrastructure to support internal and external customer requirements
- Coordinate the road-map of the current, critical business systems while separately developing new delivery technology
- Drive change through people, process and technology tool innovation
- Understand the core business processes, and apply current technology trends to innovate for the future
- Design customer first processes, demonstrating an ability to create conceptual mock-ups and process maps
- Stay knowledgeable of cutting edge technology trends
Drive delivery of the software product portfolio
- Direct and influence multiple groups across diverse business units to drive unified solutions
- Influence Go-to-market: develop go-to-market strategy and ensure execution in partnership with the sales, channel and marketing teams in HP
- Enable a feature set that resonates with service providers, our channel partners and customers, relating product capabilities in terms that they understand, care about, and are willing to pay for.
- Influence the engineering product development of cloud-based IT (including IT infrastructure, connectivity and applications) solutions
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the Software industry relating to business and technology strategies
- Previous experience as a Technical Product Management executive with success stories
- 8+ years of business experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Knowledge of leveraging tools such as AirWatch, Mobile Iron, Intune, JAMF, Azure, Google Cloud, AWS
- High degree of knowledge around scaleable technology infrastructure
- Deep knowledge of Windows, Mobility, services, apps, device management, security and SaaS market space
- Customer focused at all times
- Passion for technology and technology savvy
- Ability to see the big picture of where the industry is heading and create product plans that generate revenue
- Highly innovative
- Organizational agility
- BA or BS in Marketing or Technology related field
- 8+ years' experience in product at a technology company, a cloud or SaaS company, or large-scale cloud services vendor.
- Mastery knowledge of product management
- Quantifiable and tangible track record of developing and delivering products and solutions across cross-functional matrices in a Fortune 500 technology company
- Prior experience to develop and take new initiatives to launch
- Strong partnership experience
- Deep knowledge of cloud services, software and mobility hardware technology
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building and conflict-resolution skills
- ITIL certification preferred.
- SCRUM master certification preferred.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top