Director Print Transformation Pricing
This role is responsible for building/managing a rigorous objective setting process with resource, project and operational planning and reporting systems in the Print Transformation Office. Those processes and systems will align financial and business objectives, cascade to the operating plans within various Print teams, and results in us ultimately delivering growth to HPI's Imaging and Printing business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leads critically important, higher impact, time-sensitive efforts to new business strategies and opportunities such as: new business models, growth initiatives, and cost reduction strategies.
- Drives PTO objective setting, operational planning, cost savings planning, global Plan of Record (POR) management, and operational efficiency. Removes obstacles and drives fundamental change to achieve efficiencies.
- Develops clear, succinct and compelling content for executive-level presentations and communications.
- Deals with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the VP and other constituencies, both internal and external
- Participates with cross-functional teams and management to identify and improve overall effectiveness.
- Handles complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands on the operations
- Serves as both an expert advisor to management and drives deep analysis to uncover efficiency and effectiveness opportunities on topics including:
oRedesign current Print Pricing approach & structure in order to reflect current market environment and incorporates customer segmentation, variation in channels, and overall simplification. Partner across the organization to get input into current processes and changes required to better reflect market dynamics and improve outcomes. Bring in market, competitive, and industry knowledge, best practices and trends. Create comprehensive end state vision, drive alignment, build plan, and drive implementation.
oCollaborate with a global network in both Region and WW organizations that are working and driving change in focused efforts to ensure an end to end Pricing Leadership strategy for Print that:
§Leverages insights from work done to date to drive standardization in promotional pricing activities and measurement
§Ensures rigor in process to incorporate the multiple effects and true economics of promotion
§Drives improvement and standardization in Special Negotiated Discounts guidelines and processes; factoring in level of effort differentiation on the quality of sales opportunity and measurement of deal outcome (a profit recovery process)
oEnsure current suite of pricing tools are managed, evolved, standardized, and leveraged consistently in managing pricing for Print.
oEnsure sales compensation is structured as an enablement of current and future state pricing process and is aligned to required outcomes
- Supports other key Transformation efforts as work evolves and progresses
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or MS related discipline preferred.
- 10-15 years' experience in a diverse range of business functions in a high tech environment
- Proven track record of program leadership across multiple areas (either technical and/or business)
- Demonstrated effectiveness consulting with Senior Management across complex organizational boundaries
- Deep knowledge/expertise of business models, industry competitive benchmarks and 'transformational' alignment of resources to desired outcomes
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and manage major projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated drive, confidence and calculated risk-taking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer-focus orientation
- Demonstrated facilitation and project management skills
- Ability to cultivate strong internal and external network of personal relationships to identify issues and opportunities and provides positive, best-in-class perspectives to others (e.g., executive team)
- Demonstrates a vocal and confident style; readily voices thoughts and opinions and presents ideas with conviction and courage
- Balances strategic thinking with tactical action to drive results
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top