Director, Personal Systems
Leads a large or broad function/department within a multifaceted organization. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions. Responsible for one or more recognized professional disciplines. Fully accountable for the success of the designated function or department. Influences strategy and sets policy and direction. Owns a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities. Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans in a defined area of responsibility. Contributes to the overall strategic definition of a function with strong business acumen. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business. Typically reports to EXEC3.
- Responsible for leading/managing marketing, operational, and financial aspects of assigned product grouping/segment (ex:US Commercial Notebooks).
- Develop short and mid-term plans to achieve market growth, revenue and operating profit goals.
- Develop and lead cross-functional go-to-market team to support daily execution of marketing, operational and financial activities.
- Develops strategy with field sales teams, sales management and other key category stakeholders on programs and product positioning to win business.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree, advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 12-15+ years of professional services experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing a local team.
- P&L management experience; moderate size & complexity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understands key requirements of Corporate governance.
- Strong business skills.
- Understands HP product and solutions strategies.
- Strong financial and operational capabilities.
- Leadership ability.
- Executive engagements.
- Strong team player.
Back to top