Director of Software Development, Security, and Manageability
Leads a large or broad function/department within a multifaceted organization. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions. Responsible for one or more recognized professional disciplines. Fully accountable for the success of the designated function or department. Influences strategy and sets policy and direction. Owns a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities. Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans in a defined area of responsibility. Contributes to the overall strategic definition of a function with strong business acumen. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business. Typically reports to EXEC3.
- Provides direct and ongoing strategic leadership for a department or
functional organization of multiple subordinate managers and high-level individual contributors designing and developing engineering solutions utilizing multiple engineering disciplines for products, systems, software, and solutions.
- Creates strategic and tactical operations and resource plans, goals, and priorities for assigned organization based on business and technology roadmap and functional objectives.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for the organization, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Engages with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making
- Manages senior relationships and escalated issues with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that organization is effectively leveraging outsourced resources.
- Identifies opportunities for and drives organizational initiatives and programs to support business process improvements and cost reductions.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required. May have advanced university degree.
- Typically 15 or more years of related work experience, including 10 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Organizational and strategic management skills, including budget and business planning and forecasting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage human capital across multiple geographies and organizations to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences.
(e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Extensive business acumen, technical knowledge, and industry experience encompassing one or more engineering, technology, and product domains.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting with senior management and executive roles for internal and external partners.
- Good understanding of HP's policies and processes.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top