Director of Global Logistics Procurement
- Spring, TX
Leads a large or broad function/department within a multifaceted organization. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions. Responsible for one or more recognized professional disciplines. Fully accountable for the success of the designated function or department. Influences strategy and sets policy and direction. Owns a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities. Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans in a defined area of responsibility. Contributes to the overall strategic definition of a function with strong business acumen. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business. Typically reports to EXEC3.
- Develops and leads planning, design, implementation, communication and delivery of the company's supply chain network design and architecture initiatives across a large business group or region(s).
- Actively partners with and influences internal and external stakeholders and/or suppliers at the EXEC3 and EXEC2 level on a regular basis.
- Drives multi-year strategies and initiatives at the regional/global/business group level by exercising some governance oversight in one or more areas (e.g., key policy decisions, resolution of high impact issues).
- Has significant financial responsibility (e.g., budget of $5 million+ USD).
- Leads a team of Managers and Senior Individual Contributors for a business function and/or region by setting overall program initiatives, allocating financial and human capital for programs and projects, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of Supply Chain programs.
- Responsible for performance management, talent management and succession planning, ensuring that the appropriate tools and processes are in place to support the team.
- May be responsible for significant dotted-line employee reporting relationships.
- Applies broad and deep subject matter expertise to solve a variety of highly complex business issues.
- Leads or advises on organization design.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 12+ years of experience in a supply chain or related function.
- Experienced in managing large teams and/or organizations.
- Significant Supply Chain and Operations background preferred, with experience in multiple disciplines (e.g., manufacturing, planning, logistics, etc.).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior understanding of end-to-end supply chain processes and strategy requirements.
- Advanced understanding of market place and industry architecture standards.
- Advanced ability to build forward-thinking partnerships with internal/external partners and suppliers.
- Advanced leadership skills, particularly in complex, international, and cross functional teams.
- Advanced program management and prioritization skills.
- Advanced communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences; mastery in English and local language.
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of supply chain capabilities and requirements.
- Advanced financial skills.
- Excellent understanding of HP's policies and processes.
- Ability to manage complex processes concurrently.
- Advanced consulting, influencing and negotiation skills; ability to ensure strategic alignment with multiple parties.
Back to top