Director Enterprise Data Management
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
At HP Inc, we love data and as we are transforming towards digital capabilities, we are doubling our efforts in that space to continue our successful business journey driving innovation and growth.
The collection and need for data continues to grow exponentially in organizations. Increasingly, data itself-outside of application-has values supporting organizations mission and activities. Data has even more value if it is readily available, easily found, and easily re-usable for new applications.
HP Inc is moving towards driving data as and asset and data-driven decision-making. This role will be primarily responsible for operationalizing that strategy over time. In essence, managing data as an asset means improving links between silo-ed databases and data stores; making information/data easier to find on-line, making it easier for analysts and policy makers to quickly access and transform data into the new formats and knowledge. It means lowering the cost of consuming and using data because we keep having more data to manage.
This role is part of a data strategist and adviser, part steward for improving data quality, part evangelist for data sharing, part technologist, and potentially in the future, part developer of new data products or monetizing data
- - Decrease the cost of managing data and increasing the value of the data we have
- - Improve how the agency collects, uses, manages, and publishes data.
- - Lead the agency efforts to track data collections, data purchases, databases, physical data models, and linkages between datasets.
- - Improve data quality and how we measure data quality
- - Ensure data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely to support the mission and activities of the agency.
- - Align and standardizing data models
The Head of Enterprise Data Management mission is to create a consistent and unified strategy around data across the organization by improving significantly our enterprise data . He/She is responsible for leading our Enterprise Data Governance (EDG), our Enterprise BI Governance (EBIG) councils and help to drive sustainable progress by realizing internal efficiencies through improved data structures, constant data cleanliness and insight, and efficient data governance/ processes. The Head of Enterprise Data Management participates in business-wide decision-making and strategy formulation, while serving as part of the IT leadership committee.
- Create an end-to-end data strategy and roadmap, spanning from data acquisition, to data integration, processing, management and usage for the company and its strategic partners
- Establish the strategic direction for building the business's data management program, optimizing business approach uses data both internally and externally
- Oversee staffing, scaling and managing a team of dedicated data scientists and analysts to execute upon transformative business responsibilities
- Manage technical members to build next-generation machine learning and algorithms to tackle unstructured data and big data management
- Lead the conceptual design of analytical models necessary to support revenue growth, capitalizing on big data insights
- Manage cross-functional data governance policies, while simultaneously ensuring adoption and adherence to data quality and process governance in collaborating departments
Education and Qualifications:
Master's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Analytics, Business Administration, or Engineering. MBA or higher degree preferred.
Experience driving organization change across a large enterprise
Functional experience in at least two of the following roles: Strategy, Operations, Marketing, Data Management, IT or consulting
10+ years business experience.
A passion for driving transformation and change and a passion for Data!
Ability to think strategically and act tactically
Comfort with a complex data management process/practices
Capability to connect business demands and strategic growth using data insights
A result-driven individual, who is highly creative and analytical with an ability to work comfortably in a collaborative setting
Strong sense of accountability, attention to detail, ownership of results and customer focus
Ability to work in fast paced, global, and dynamically changing environment
Strong analytical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Back to top