Director, Consumer New Product Introduction
The Consumer Personal Systems business organization represents a $10 billion annual revenue business for HP Inc. The organization includes a workforce that focuses on consumer personal computing products, displays and accessories for both consumer and commercial customer segments, and key strategic adjacencies including premium and gaming. Our strategic goal is to reinvent the way people communicate, play, and live.
One of the most fundamental elements that contribute to the success of any Consumer Personal Systems products is to deliver a set of robust deliverables to enable the multitude of go-to-market engines. The Consumer NPI Team has a critical role to work across multiple sources to write an integrated product positioning "story" that the GTM engines then leverage to win customer, retailer, and media preference.
Over the past year, the responsibilities of the NPI team have expanded beyond traditional sell-in deliverables to include acceleration toward the 4P Planning practice. We are also seeing increased demand for new sell-in tools and support for omnichannel environments. Additionally, we recognize increased demand for a new infrastructure that can deliver a broader framework for photography, videos, and address mobile capabilities.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Manager of our Consumer New Product Introduction team to oversee product positioning and key selling points, sell-in enablement, 4P product launch strategy, and demand generation.
- Develop engagement strategy with stakeholder organizations in Product Management, CEPS (Customer Experience and Product Strategy), Customer Insights, Product ID/Design, Marketing, Public Relations, Corporate Communications, and other organizations as needed to deliver an integrated product story.
- Develop reputation as a creative and engaging thought leader with each Region and Stakeholder organization.
- Drive all stakeholder groups to meet NPI deadlines in alignment with business objectives.
- Develop and manage execution of a new set of tools to support sell in, launch, and sell out current products, and innovation across retail and online.
- Align team to complete the key deliverables with strong partnership with product management, ID, marketing, and other stakeholder groups across the organization. These are:
- Portfolio Pillars and Product Key Selling Points
- Sell-in Deck and Supporting Materials
- Product Narratives
- 4P Planning
- Engage with HP executives at Director, VP level or higher to communicate strategy, quantifiable results, and report out on improvement results
- Responsible for all aspects of People Management function including establishing, setting and monitoring all annual performance plans; mentoring and career development; ensuring proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes. Responsible for partnering with HRBP and CPS leadership on all aspects of people management.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top