Director, Conferencing Planning & Product Management
- Spring, TX
At HP our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us - inspires us - to do what we do. To make what we make. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze.
Amid the growing importance of conferencing and collaboration, we are seeking a seasoned leader who will partner with incubation business leader and own our customer and product design focus, bringing to market a portfolio of products that will drive continuous growth.
This team will be responsible for driving a global product management team that will interface with customers, engineering, ID, and employees across the globe. Influencing at all levels to drive the overall success of the business with impactful GTM plans and successful product launches
- Develop and drive long term go-to-market plan - Work with global Channel, Sales and COE teams to develop Conferencing muscle, roadmap, and channel strength
- Translate broad strategic Conferencing direction to goals and long-term business plansand end-to-end execution
- Provide insights to executive management & support development of strategy
- Close collaboration with the support teams for end-to-end alignment on product portfolio and launch requirements
- Drive and define product strategy and define product requirements with technical and design teams
- Own and lead team to successful end-to-end PLC checkpointsand execution
- Influence & manage issue resolution with engineering, supply chain, system management, and COE to drive on-time launches for all Conferencing products
- Articulate Conferencing positioning & drive a strong 4P strategic plan with COE, WW Marketing & NPI team
- Gather and articulate insights from interactions with sales & customers for future products
- Own & drive process enhancements to ensure that the overall process can scale with the business
- Build & manage relationships with key customers, partners, and executives for a hands-on approach that advocates the best interest for the conferencing business
- Consistently perform competitive analysis against top industry players to ensure our line-up is differentiated and competitivewith firsthand know-how on market trends, partner ecosystems and competitive strategies
- Own heat maps, PFV analysis and COE/market feedback with ongoing basis
- Build a roadmap of change , prioritize projects and resources to ensure successful execution of the roadmap.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Leadership Able to drive team performance to world class; Able to create and build highly effective teams and organizations; ability to further attract external, experienced talent to build up this product category; Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels in HP and the industry; Able to lead effectively in a complex and political environment, and deliver results; Able to influence without direct authority; Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative.
- Orchestrates the development of strategic plans that reflects HP's business strategy to advance market share/penetration and achieve profitable growth.
- Collaborates effectively with HP BUs and value chain partners to ensure operational responsiveness to challenges, and alignment with business imperatives
- Exhibits authoritative business and financial acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations. Understands the portfolio aspect of HP's products/services and how the businesses work together.
- Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.
- Problem Solving approach in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensures comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Craft and articulate vision & strategies for success with the a bility to communicate abstract ideas clearly
- Proven track record of bringing diverse groups together to move initiatives forward and successfully bringing products and solutions to market
- Broad knowledge of marketing and marketing program implementation; knowledge of product life cycle, in-depth knowledge of the key marketing elements (product, pricing, place, and promotion)
- Exceptional ability to go deep on technology trends, architectural landscape and environment, road maps and managing a multi-year development cycle
- Significant ability to design customer centric experiences throughout the customer decision journey with customer engagements and market research
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Typically, 15+ years of total experience
- Often 10+ years of post-advanced degree experience leading teams and projects, and delivering industry-leading products
- Undergrad in Marketing/Business or related field
- MBA - Specialization in Product Marketing, Product Planning or Product Management
- Strong track record of customer empathy
- Passion for products and hands on mentality
- Superior understanding of product design, product planning and execution management
- Experience as a people manager in large cross functional organizations
- Proven leader in managing global teams toward a common goal
- Mastery in product management/planning
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!
Back to top