Digital Supplies Business Development Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Digital Supplies (Ink/Toner) Business Development Manager will play a key role in identifying and executing many of the online growth strategies for HP's Supplies Business in Canada. This role will develop and manage new and evolving capabilities to enhance the customer's onsite experience through store merchandising, layout, content, targeted messaging as well as offsite demand generation strategies and tactics. Partnering with the broader Retail and Commercial Channel partners and HP's sales teams, this role will use industry best practices to identify opportunities to grow HP's Ink and Toner business. The successful candidate should have a strong background in and knowledge of best practices in ecommerce content, merchandising, promotions, on-site search optimization as well as demand generation including: Organic Search (SEO), paid search (SEM/PPC + PLA), display advertising, affiliate networks and social.
- Responsible for HP Supplies digital user experience and customer engagement strategy
- Collaborate with key retail and commercial partners to develop and execute marketing and merchandising campaigns that increase sales and improve HP's share.
- Track partner e-commerce site metrics/sales and use insights to drive improved business results
- Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing,
- Proficiency in web analytics tools - Omniture, Google analytics...
- Identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary
- Collaborate with marketing team to manage relationships with agency partners overseeing paid search (SEM/PPC, PLA), display, affiliates, email, CRM...
- Collaborate with retail partners to develop content and optimize HP pages on their sites for search (SEO)
- Develop digital marketing strategies to increase ecommerce sales and improve online share
- Developed customer acquisition strategies utilizing segmentation promotions and Big Data to increase market share
- Oversee online brand monitoring activities and execute enforcement tactics.
- Collaborate with US and Americas counterparts to provide reporting and share best practices
- Actively contributes to the definition of the category business plan
- University or Bachelors degree in a Business related area (Marketing, Administration); advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Specialization in e-commerce highly desired
- 8-12 years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
- Consumer and/or Commercial Partner management expertise / End User Acct management as an alternative
- At least 5 years experience with paid search, organic search optimization (SEO), email marketing and digital display marketing
- Experience managing products and promotions in an online marketplace (ex. Amazon) a plus
- Fluency in English. French is a plus
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- e-commerce experience is mandatory.
- Digital marketing and Merchandising experience.
- Business planning skills, multidimensional.
- Strong knowledge of e-commerce content management system structure and site merchandising
- Comfortable managing large data sets for analysis, forecasting and planning
- Strong communication skills with senior management internally and externally
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame proposals to customers/partners
- Technical literacy while communicating with web developers, agencies and partners
- e-commerce expertise, should have in depth understanding of online operating behaviors
- Understanding of Web Analytics tools such as Omniture & Google Analytics
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment is essential for success
- Knowledge of digital marketing practices including Paid Search, Retargeting, Display Ads, personalization, Social Media
- Thoroughly understand the competitive landscape primarily focused on navigation and customer experience and make recommendations to incorporate into the business
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list in 2018.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Back to top