HP Cloud Solutions and Operations (CSO) DevOps is an engineering organization specializing in providing a variety of operations support for our partners, including deployment support through all SDLC environments, on-call L2 Production Support/Escalation Management, system/application monitoring, etc. It's our job to ensure that the various web/cloud-based services that we support are monitored effectively, SLA targets are met consistently, and all production-related outages, degradations, etc, are managed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We're hiring a Windows/Linux DevOps engineer at our Vancouver, WA site. We have openings for a full-time engineer. Ideally, you'll have solid Sys Admin experience across a variety of operating systems (with a particularly strong focus on Windows), strong troubleshooting and analyses skills, attention to detail and the rapid resolution of issues, and a passion for excellence and customer satisfaction.
As a DevOps/Operations engineer you will work in a fast paced (Agile) environment supporting multiple projects. You will be working in a pairing environment (both local and remote) with other DevOps engineers to help get the code released on time. You will also be responsible for improving the tools, writing stories, resolving bugs, monitoring and maintaining the test and production environments.
You should have the following skills/experience:
- Windows and Linux Sys Admin experience (3+ years) - Strong Windows experience is a must
- Strong SQL Server experience (tuning, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Scripting experience in one or more of the following languages: PowerShell and Batch are musts (also desired experience in some of these additional areas: shell, Python, Perl, Php, etc.)
- PKI, SSL Certificate management (and certificate chaining) - OpenSSL, IIS
- Web hosting experience using Apache, Tomcat, and IIS
- AWS experience (EC2, RDS, IAM)
- Knowledge of PSExec
- Strong Troubleshooting & Communication skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and strong collaboration within teams
- Strong coding methodologies & best practices
- Chef/automation experience (2+ years)
- BS degree in any of the following (CS/Math/Engineering)
Additional desired skills:
- Experience with 24x7 web applications, including on-call support
- Experience with source control revision tools - GIT (preferred), SVN, RCS, CVS, etc.
- Experience with deployment automation tools - Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Other database experience (tuning, troubleshooting, etc.) - MySql/Percona, etc.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools - Jenkins, etc.
- Build/Test/Release cycle experience
- Experience working in a pairing environment
- Agile experience
- Other tools experience: (Zabbix, Splunk, New Relic, Vagrant, Nagios)
We're a small and dedicated group within a large corporation. We try very hard to keep a startup feel, but we have the resources and backing of a Fortune Top 50. This boils down to:
- Performance-based salary and bonuses
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, etc...
- Conference attendance is encouraged
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top